2006 GUE Conference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoreyJ

Registered
Reaction score
2006 GUE Conference – November 3-5

If you were impressed last year this year’s conference will only exceed your expectations and if you didn’t make it last year this is definitely something you won’t want to miss!

We’ve planned an incredible event with a variety of informative and educational seminars. Several popular speakers are returning along with a cast of new additions.

We’ll welcome back David Doollette who will speak about Assessing Secondary Factors of Decompression; Jarrod Jablonski will lead a hands-on workshop on GUE Dive Planning and Decompression; Dr. Tom Sawicki will discuss aquatic ecology issues; the ever-popular Dr. Todd Kincaid will return with several presentations on global water issues; our global explorers from areas such as Mexico, Italy and Norway will provide updates on the year’s activity; as well as plenty of other experts speaking about the environment, equipment and much, much more.

This year we’ve added Breakout Sessions with a variety of mini-topics ranging from photography and dive equipment maintenance/repair to survey techniques to decompression software workshops. We also have several fitness workshops planned, including one for early risers who’d like some personalized exercise tips. We didn’t overlook time to socialize with a conference dinner planned for Saturday night.

Plan for a few extra days and enjoy some of our diving activities such as skill updates with GUE instructors, equipment demos, and field trips to local sites and the Tallahassee region highlighting our ground water resources.

You’re sure to find something to educate and inspire you at the GUE conference!

GUE Conference Dates: Nov. 3-5, 2006
Pre-Conference Activities begin Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2006
Post-Conference Activities run Monday & Tuesday, Nov. 6-7, 2006.

Early Registration opens June 1, 2006 – watch the website for a detailed schedule.

We have reserved a block of rooms at the Hilton this year – so book now as space is limited! When making your reservation, reference the Global Underwater Explorers conference in November to receive our discounted rate of $119/night.

Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
1714 SW 34th Street, Gainesville, Florida, United States 32607
Tel: +1-352-371 3600 Fax: +1-352-371 0306

Corey,
I was just wondering, is the conference always the same week in Nov? I really wanted to go this year but I have a liveabord trip already paid-for for that week.
I'll be sure not to schedule anything for that week 2007 :)
thanks.

Also,

Did you guys work around the NACD convention this year? I couldn't attend last year as the dates conflicted and my shop was at NACD.

Thanks,

-P

Hey guys,

Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of the University of Florida's footbal schedule when it comes to planning the conference. Barring anything unexpected we should know the dates for next year's conference early in 2007; we'll be sure to get the word out on the dates as soon as possible. I'm sorry you won't be able to make it Jason; hopefully we'll see you in 2007!

We did contact the NACD in order to avoid that conflict again this year, so no excuses Perrone! :)

Best,
Corey

CoreyJ:
We did contact the NACD in order to avoid that conflict again this year, so no excuses Perrone! :)

Best,
Corey

:) Thanks Corey! I'll see you there then!

Exciting News!

You can now pre-register for the 2006 Conference on our site (https://secure.gue.com/catalog/order/conference2006.shtml). We have also posted a complete agenda for those of you anxious to see what we’ve been busy planning (http://gue.com/Events/Conference06/conf06-agenda.pdf).

Pre-registration ends July 31, so be sure to put that on your list of “to-dos.” If you know someone you’d like to introduce to GUE, we are offering non-members registration for the member price if they are referred by a current member, for a limited time.

Don’t forget about our Hilton room special! We have reserved a block of rooms at the Hilton this year – so book now as space is limited! When making your reservation, reference the Global Underwater Explorers conference in November to receive our discounted rate of $119/night.

Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
1714 SW 34th Street, Gainesville, Florida, United States 32607
Tel: +1-352-371 3600 Fax: +1-352-371 0306

Hope to see you there!

Corey Jablonski
Operations Manager, Global Underwater Explorers

File Not Found

The web server www.gue.com could not locate the page Events/Conference06/conf06-agenda.pdf).

We've recently reorganized the web site. It's likely that the page has simply moved or been otherwise rearranged. Your browser will be redirected to the new home page from which you can search.

If you think that there has been a error with our site, please report the name of the page along with any relevant details, to Anthony Rue.

That's for that second link...

Hi There. The page is there, problem is the link accidently included a ) at the end, just delete it so that the URL ends in .pdf and it works.

Looks like a ton of great events planned!

SparticleBrane:
File Not Found

The web server www.gue.com could not locate the page Events/Conference06/conf06-agenda.pdf).

We've recently reorganized the web site. It's likely that the page has simply moved or been otherwise rearranged. Your browser will be redirected to the new home page from which you can search.

If you think that there has been a error with our site, please report the name of the page along with any relevant details, to Anthony Rue.

That's for that second link...

D'oh! Geez I'm usually the one to find problems like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom