2008 - My Quest for 150' viz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the nice thing about the Cayman's. You know what you're going to get. 100-200' good day,bad day, any day. I try to go to the Cayman's at least once a year and this year was no exception. Dived the North Wall six days straight and vis was 150-200' every day.

That's the nice thing about the Cayman's. You know what you're going to get. 100-200' good day,bad day, any day. I try to go to the Cayman's at least once a year and this year was no exception. Dived the North Wall six days straight and vis was 150-200' every day.

I want to invite you to come to Okinawa, Japan for outstanding visibility 150+ and where we have the same and we have a tremendus amount of sea life due to the Black Current much like the gulf stream but bigger that brings rich nutrient waters from the deep and warm waters from Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.

Yesterday we must of had 150' vis. The photos were taken with natural light. The first photo was taken at 87' looking down to 150' what we like to call the abyss. The second photo you can see a diver in the back ground who was over 150' away. What a beutiful day day with not a cloud in the sky. I think this definately helps with the visibilty and also the white sand bottom. These photos were taken off of Camp Schwab/ Honso Village/Okinawa/Okinawa Prefecture/Japan

Attachments

• IMG_5662.JPG
    IMG_5662.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5716.JPG
    IMG_5716.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 42
bane51031 Wow and I was amazed yesterday with 15 foot viz In Lake Okoboji. LOL gotta love being landlocked in Iowa, gotta get to sea water again soon......

Today it was between 27F and 33F in Iowa...Brrrr. Today in Okinawa it was near 80F, and the water is about 70F, for you it would feel like bath tub water, but for us old timers we must wear a 3mm. The vis ranges from 20feet when the coral span in the spring to well over 150' in the winter. Currently the Humpback whales are here and we can hear thier songs when we shore dive. I invite you to come to Okinawa, Japan. Where the winters are mild and the people are friendly and the diving is world class.

Back
Top Bottom