2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alas, I am again the only person posting. If you are out there and reading this - come on and join me! :)

Friday 5/15 - Treadmill (45 minutes), 2.29 miles, approximately 380 calories. Average HR 130, max 149. HRM indicates 59 minutes of exercise (including walking to and from the gym), totaling 702 calories, but I am still not buying the calorie count.

Hi,

I see you are the only one posting. I will do my best to post and we can encourage each other.

My workout on Sunday is almost always the same - a beach walk with my husband. We walk 3 miles on the sand in bare feet once a week. During the week we exercise both at the gym and at home. The beach walk is a nice break from the indoor training, stretches all the arches in our feet, and gives us some quality time before starting the next week.

So here is my post: Sunday, May 17th, 2009 3-mile beach walk. (and kelp popping)

Nice to have some company around here ScubaFit! Encouragement is always nice - and so is kelp popping! I love opening the bladders that come up on shore.

Saturday 5/16 - 4.5 mile bike ride along the Marina in SF. 2nd 1/2 was against the wind which was hard. Break at halfway point to check out the Marine Organ in SF.

Sunday 5/17 - day off. Back to the gym tonight.

Monday 5/18 - Treadmill (40 minutes), 1.91 miles, 302 calories. Average HR 133, max 159.
Tuesday 5/19 - Wii EA Personal Trainer - Day 1. Kicked my butt. 26 minutes of grueling squats, lunges, and cardio. Surprisingly, despite the sweat, I managed only about 194 calories. Will keep trying.

Weight has been stationary, which is frustrating. But I am logging my food intake, watching my calories and doing pretty good otherwise. I know the weight issue is a result of muscle building, so I am not too bothered. Tomorrow, Mark and I are up early to hit the gym.

Hope anyone out there is doing well.

Wednesday 5/20 - Morning Workout - Elliptical (33 minutes), 2.51 miles, 399 calories per the machine's calculations. 147 average HR, 173 max.

Phew. Now time for work.

OK, I'll bite. I need all the help I can get...

Saturday 5/16 - Went to Strawberry Festival and walked from beer booth to beer booth (total about one mile). Did about 10 beer curls. Came home and did one wine curl before cutting myself off. Heart rate max about 70.

Sunday 5/17 - Beer-free day. Drove a total of six hours to dive for about three hours. Two afternoon dives on the Yukon and one evening/night dive on the Ruby E. Lugged around my normal equipment and a large Nikon D-300/Ikelite anchor.

Monday 5/18 - Actually, still a continuation of Sunday. Hauled all equipment to the back yard and cleaned everything. Cleaned and dried photography equipment. Slept a few hours. Went to work and utilized the force of gravity to hold office chair in place for about 10 hours. Heart rate max about 60. Came home and talked to in-laws on phone. Heart rate about 150. Took dogs on walk (about two miles). One wine curl for my heart. Heart rate back down to 60.

Tuesday 5/19 - Looked at bike, but only because I draped my regulator over the frame to dry. Noticed tires are still flat, like they have been for at least a year. Went to work and kept chair from flying away due to earth rotation. Another two mile dog walk.

Wednesday 5/20 - Added air to bike tires; too exhausted to ride. Another day at the office making sure gravity is still the law. Plan on spending the evening dragging a FEMA representative around the neighborhood to explain why USGS digital terrain files are not appropriate for my location. This should be good exercise.

Well I am a bit behind on posting, but have kept the daily routine going.

Monday, May 18th 45-min Treadmill at home - 4 mets.
Tuesday, May 19th 30-min Elliptical at gym - 6.8 mets + 40-minutes free weights.
Wednesday, May 20th 45-min Treadmill at home - 4 mets.

Been a very busy couple of days with work, but feeling good.

Looking forward to some interval training tomorrow at gym.

Great job MarineResearch, especially on the workout you got talking to the in-laws. :) Hope that your dives on the Yukon and the Ruby E were great. I, for one, would love to see photos!

ScubaFit - I am jealous of your at-home treadmill. I would love one of those - watch some re-runs, get a work out done. Fantastic.

As for me - I did my morning work out on the elliptical this morning. I decided to give the Wii Fit "AE Sports Active" another go this evening since they do a 30 day program and I didn't want to flub it up. Did it an burned approximately 235 more calories in 25 minutes doing lunges, running, and other unilateral strength building exercises. Consider my a$$ kicked.

Hope to see you all in here more regularly. It's nice having company. :) And with that, time for bed!

Bonjour! 2nd day working out before work and it was great, but I could stay as long as I would have liked to have.

Thursday 5/21 - Treadmill (41 minutes), 2.01 miles, approximately 335 calories. 122 avg HR. Today was supposed to be 1 hour and 5 minutes keeping my heart rate in a lower classification for more fat burning power but I had to go to work. C'est la vie. No evening workout planned. After all the lunches and such yesterday my legs are spent. :)

Can't wait to go diving this weekend!

Good evening. Decided to take the morning off from working out as I was trying to get some recovery time in for my muscles which were aching. Went to the gym this evening after doing some Wii Fit AE Sports Active which is still surprisingly difficult.

Friday 5/22/09 - Wii Fit AE Sports Active (25 minutes), approximately 226 calories of lunges, jumps, and upper body strength building. Did another 11 minutes of "dancing" which was kind of fun. My arms were aching.

Hubby and I then went to the gym where I hit the treadmill.
Treadmill (43 minutes), 2.26 miles. Approximately 395 calories. Average HR 128. Should have been higher really. Alas.

Now we are off to see Star Trek at the IMAX. Could be fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom