2010-01-28 Ballbuster and the Barge dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty cool, Peter. How are those tags affixed?

Kristina, they are just feed through the line, and the rope spiral tension keeps them in place. Super easy to install, and as Kenn says I would not have to teach anybody what the colors mean, I can just say throw out X amount and they can easily determine it for themselves.

I think anchor rode markers are a safety necessity. How do you know how much line you have
out without something like that?

When I install them, I go under one strand, over the next, and back under the third. The two ends
come out next to each other. That really locks them down. A little over-engineering goes a long
way.

For those who haven't seen these: West Marine: Anchor Rode Markers Product Display

My one beef is that the color coding, starting from the anchor, goes green, red, yellow.
It should go green, yellow, red.

Hi Peter,

Sounds like a fantastic day of diving. Glad you had fun & that the valve drills are easier :).

Brave the baby sea lion & solo down the anchor line at twilight to free the anchor? Scary! If I was on board you'd never be doing that alone :wink:!

Brave the baby sea lion & solo down the anchor line at twilight to free the anchor? Scary! If I was on board you'd never be doing that alone :wink:!

I wasn't solo. I had a buddy line (Anchor line) in my buddies hand at the surface. Ryan offered to go down, but I was comfortable going down and letting him work from the surface. No current, no surge, and decent vis, means nothing scary, other than maybe a visit from a seal lion pup...ewww rally scary :eyebrow:

So how was your first day of school Kathy?

So how was your first day of school Kathy?

Thanks for asking. It's promising to be a intellectually stimulating term with lots of time off for diving on the best days :). Fingers crossed for many :D!

Thanks for asking. It's promising to be a intellectually stimulating term with lots of time off for diving on the best days :). Fingers crossed for many :D!

You scuba bum :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom