2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good evening.

Thursday 3/13 PM - Pilates class. It was a great class full of abs and such, plus tons of stretching and relaxation. It was great.

Friday 3/14 PM - Swimming laps. Swam about 1.25 miles in about 1 hour and 5 minutes. Soaking in the spa afterwards felt great as my muscles are a bit sore. Tomorrow I am running 5 miles....

I ran in my VFFs today for the first time. Wasn't as planned. Doggie park was still closed this morning, so while waiting for it to open I did about a 1/2 mile on pavement, working on my form while trying to keep the pups in check and not pull. The park opened and turned the pups loose. Happy puppies! :) I walked a couple laps, then tried a lap with the shoes, knowing I already have gone pretty far for the first time in my VFFs and didn't want to risk an injury by overdoing it (it felt good!!), and two, it was on pavement, not grass as what I am used to running in. Outcome? VFF great for pavement, but like the barefeet much better in the grass.

Very cool Jenny. What is it that you dislike about running in grass with the VFFs? I am a bit surprised that you would not like them in the grass if you liked them in the pavement.

Saturday 5/15 - First ever 6 mile run! Woot! Well, nearly 6 miles - 5.8 miles. I feel pretty good considering. It was helpful to have water with me as I bought a hydration belt, which helped. Time: 1 hour 20 minutes. Pace is a bit slower but we did a bit more walking since there were some pretty steep hills.

I wouldn't say I didn't like them in the grass, but more of I like barefoot better! :)

Congrats on the run! I would love to be up to those miles.

Ugh, well, I seem to have messed up my foot a bit - so I am not sure what is going to happen re running at this point. I am hoping that it is a very temporary issue, but the joint around the ball of my foot is in some serious pain. Alas. 6 miles was a bit much I guess. :(

Ice Ice Ice.
Drat. I hope you recover quickly.

Ugh, well, I seem to have messed up my foot a bit - so I am not sure what is going to happen re running at this point. I am hoping that it is a very temporary issue, but the joint around the ball of my foot is in some serious pain. Alas. 6 miles was a bit much I guess. :(

I hope it isn't serious.

Ice Ice Ice.
Drat. I hope you recover quickly.

I hope it isn't serious.

Thanks. The advice line of Kaiser seems to think that it is a neuroma - or swollen nerve that runs between the toes. Not sure. I would love to have them take some x-rays to rule out anything bone related, but we'll see. For the meantime, trying to do some sedentary cleaning and organizing and movie watching. I am not good at being this inactive.

So.. last night my plan of going to the park and running in the grass with my VFFs got washed out. Heavy downpours, easily an inch of rain. When it did let up, I decided I had enough time to take the pups in the neighborhood for a walk/jog before it got dark. First out the gate was a large puddle of standing water. No way around. Drat. Gonna get the VFFs wet. I hate wet feet.
We were walking along, and jogging in some places. I felt good with this light jogging on the pavement, then I switched to the wet grass. Fun! OOPS!!! Another puddle I can't avoid coming up. OK, just run through it. Drat. Wow! FUN! FUN! FUN! I ended up looking for puddles to run through, splashing and playing like a kid. I guess this is what they say about putting the Fun in Run!

On to a more serious topic. I signed myself up for a 1/2 in July in PA. Need to work on distance without compromising my work with the barefoot/minimalist training. Need to get some serious miles under my feet.

well, I guess I get to 'officially' join the thread since it is Tuesday. No scale (diving or scale, easy choice :D). Right now not going to focus on the weight loss aspect, I should focus on the lifestyle change instead. So starting about thursday of last week been doing about 20-30mins in the pool swimming or treading water as well as a 15-20min fast paced walk with one of my dogs.

On monday I REALLY felt sundays workout as my thighs were just sore as hell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom