2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked on the forum, and he didn't post anything except bike riding. I would think that rowing might be ok too, if you are careful with the foot. Weightlifting too, yoga perhaps..

Rum helps the Aleve! :)

Sunday 5/23 - cycing! 30 minutes of light cycling, but enough to work up a sweat. It was sheer bliss to be moving! Huuzzzah!

How did your foot feel cycling?

Foot felt okay. I was on a stationary bike so that I could control all the variables as much as possible. Additionally, I can't wear my cycling shoes and I can't bend my foot to get into them, so I am stuck using the stationary until I am cleared to do more bending of my toe.

Also got in a swim this evening. I have to do it with a swim buoy/float between my legs and can't kick, so it was a bit more difficult than I am used to as I had to simply pull myself through the water. Managed 3/4 miles and could have done some more but was worried about overdoing it on my arms/shoulders - so I stopped. All in all - a great day!

Good to hear, glad you are trying different options.

Its quiet in here!

Tuesday 5/25/10 AM: Cycling class. Because of the foot I can't do any out of the saddle stuff, so I took it easier, simply cycling in saddle, but still doing resistance work. My instructor was reluctant to let me take class, but allowed me to after I assured him I would stop if I felt any pain. He checked in frequently and we were good to go! Tonight - swimming laps with the leg buoy.

Nice. Not much exercise, cardio at least for me for a while. Mom and Dad are flying in tonight. busy Busy, busy till they leave in a week. Will try to get a dive in on Friday morning, and we are planning a kayak paddle on Thursday night, but nothing heart pounding.

Walking barefoot or with my VFFs as much as I can trying to get the foot toughened.

Got the pool up this past weekend. So there will be some exercises there too, if only splashing around and enjoying it.

Have a great time with your family Jenny!!!

Tuesday 5/25 PM: Swam laps with my best friend. 3/4 mile with the swim buoy/float. 40 minutes. Good times. Comtrast bathing my foot and then to bed! Night all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom