2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice times. Would love to be able to do that! Good on your son for being your motivation!

(having a teen too) I wouldn't worry about the son and the alien thing too much unless he offers to clean his room and do chores! If he does, send him my way! :rofl3:

:D
Couple of weeks ago... She'd told me that as a gift she wanted to take me to get fitted for the VFF, but we haven't made it to that store yet, so we did the measurements at home and used the sizing recommendations. Too much other excitement going on... LOL

Happy Belated Birthday! :D

Got back on the wii fit finally. 55 days since my last wii workout! Did 3500 steps in 30 minutes, not counting all the ones it missed! Finally got the hang of stepping on the board. Not really on the toes, not on the heels, but first pressure on toes then ease back on heels. Good work out to get those muscles fit for barefoot running.

Thursday was about packing and moving book boxes to the garage, and transporting a few loads of stuff to the storage unit.

Friday

250m Row, 1:08
Ring Chinups (false grip) x 5
500m Row, 2:09
14# Ball Slams x 20
250m Row, 1:22

It seems that in the past few weeks when I start going anaerobic, my lungs have a strange burning to them. I’ve been out of breathe before but never had this kind of burning. Once I start to catch my breath, the burning dissipates. Not sure if this is left over from a couple of bouts with chest congestion this year; the lack of sprinting activities this year; or a combination of both. I’ve got an annual doctor appointment coming up in a couple of weeks, so we’ll see if he hears anything unusual then.

Also experiencing a bit of elbow discomfort, mostly in the right elbow. Some of it might be the chinups and ball slams, but some could be all the weights, boxes and tubs I’ve been carrying this week. Nothing serious at this point, but just listening to my body. I’ve certainly done myself grief before by ignoring stuff like this.

When the body talks, the head should listen.

WB - have you considered checking with your doctor about the possibility of having asthma? The burning sounds like it might be, but I am not a doctor and don't have asthma. Regardless, check it out.

Friday 5/7 PM: Took Wednesday and Thursday off for a variety of reasons. Swam this evening, 1 and a bit miles. Felt really good to be in the water, working on skills (kicking, body positioning and bilateral breathing). Happy Friday all.

I have asthma, mild. Take deep breath, and hold it as long as you can. Don't exhale. Take another breath. That breath is what it feels like to breath with asthma.

Been reading the book, "Born to Run," about minimalist running. Not what I expected, but a good read. Ordered my VFF as my gift to myself for Mother's Day. Nobody in town has the color I wanted, and I am willing to wait a week to get them. Tried on a pair at a store for sizing, and they fit like a glove. The longer I wore them, the better they felt! Didn't want to take them off!

Ordered my VFF as my gift to myself for Mother's Day. Nobody in town has the color I wanted, and I am willing to wait a week to get them. Tried on a pair at a store for sizing, and they fit like a glove. The longer I wore them, the better they felt! Didn't want to take them off!

Sweet! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU JENNY!! Can't wait to see a photo of you in your new "shoes."

Saturday 5/8/10 - Cycling through Golden Gate Park, down to the Pacific Ocean, around a lake and back. 1 hour, 33 minutes, 18 miles with lot of climbing. Good times! I am still debating the merits of doing a restorative yoga class this afternoon. Keep hoping that my husband will want to do something ... He's being super lazy. :)

Wed/Thurs nice long walks with the dog
Friday - 1 hours rock climbing. 30 minute cardio on the elipitical

Busy with this term paper so exercise is not the priority.

Happy late birthday Bob!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom