2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saturday was another day of boxing and moving.

Sunday:
Nice slow stretching with "Good Mornings" and full "ATG Squats". Really loosened my back after some of the bending and twisting yesterday.

Pushups 10 x 2

14# medicine ball cleans with full ATG squat x 10

1000m Row

Lot's of deep lung burning, but no wheezing or difficulty breathing that I would associate with bronchitis/asthma. Once I stop the activity, my respiratory and heart rate recovery seems pretty normal. I'm curious if all the dust we've stirred up in the past two months may be having some effect on me. Not sure...

Happy Mothers Day to All!

Sunday 5/9/10 - Running. 5 miles in 63.8 minutes (12:35/mile pace). First two miles were just Meena and I. The last 3.1 miles were part of a fun run with the SF Dolphin South End running club. Got a ribbon and a rose at the end! Sweet!

Bob, dust could very well be the problem.

Sarita! That is awesome!!!!! Sounds like fun! You are really progressing well and I am happy for you!

I'd love to be able to run for an hour and love it. Am really hoping the VFF and the minimalist running concept be my ticket. From everything I read, and how I feel about running and shoes, sounds like it is a good path for me to go.

Happy Monday!

Monday 5/10/10 - Swimming laps - 3/4 miles in 40 minutes. Tonight is body conditioning class.

you guys must be in great shape! Just reading your posts make me tired.

I'm trying to get back into shape, let myself go for way too long! Today I did cardio x of the P90X series and another ab video. We'll see how the P90X goes!

Jenn

Jogged tonight at the puppy park. Calves very tight, took a lot of laps for them to loosen up. In fact, I jogged 4000 steps before I took off my shoes and was able to relax going barefoot. Calves loosened up finally.
Got to thinking how much fun it's gonna be running in the VFF's. Learned their KSO line stands for "Keeps Stuff Out." :rofl3: Wonder if they would make a line called BSSP.. brown squishy stuff preventative."

Jogged tonight at the puppy park. Calves very tight, took a lot of laps for them to loosen up. In fact, I jogged 4000 steps before I took off my shoes and was able to relax going barefoot. Calves loosened up finally.
Got to thinking how much fun it's gonna be running in the VFF's. Learned their KSO line stands for "Keeps Stuff Out." :rofl3: Wonder if they would make a line called BSSP.. brown squishy stuff preventative."

I can't wait to hear about your experience with these new shoes!

Monday 5/10 PM - Body conditioning class (45 minutes). It was as good class, but I am pretty tired.

Back
Top Bottom