249 meters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drews

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is this a world record for a single 15ltr air tank dive ???
I was on a Padi deep spec training dive today in the Blue hole Dahab Egypt at 36 meters when my SDA informed me I was at 249 meters, screen went red and told me to ascend immediately !. Then informed me I was in less than 13 meters and that I should descend !.
We obviously shallowed up to do a 5mtr safety stop, all the time thE sad was scrolling through every warning it could.When out of the water it was telling me I was still at 13 meter:(:depressed:
The unit will now just tries to reboot all the time, I cannot switch it off.
I've sent a report ticket off so will see what happens, the unit is less than 6 months old.
Cheers
Drew

Congratulations on your new world record!!!

I had a similar experience with a different brand computer several years ago. This is a good example of why diving with a backup computer is a good idea. Stuff happens, and if you had been on a deco dive, the outcome may not have been very positive.

Reactions: Jax
I would have figured that 249 meters would be a deco dive!

Sounds like it was a bounce dive with only a few seconds at 249 meters, then a rapid ascent to 13 meters. From a deco calculation standpoint, it was probably not a deco dive. However, in reality drews would have exploded during the rapid ascent.

Reactions: Jax
Hook it up to your computer and reinstall the latest firmware update.

May help but may not, no harm in trying!

I'm on holiday so didn't bring the computer just an iPad.
I updated the unit before I came away.
This has knocked my confidence in trusting this SDA so I will be pushing for a replacement, using my backup suunto vyper for the rest of the holiday.

If you have the charger and cable with you its easy enough to do it in an internet cafe as long as the connection speed is ok.

Then run it alongside the vyper till you feel better about it.

Its a shame because mine has been flawless for almost 100 dives now.

You might check the batteries. I've known a couple of other brands to give erratic depth readings when the battery starts to get low, even before it shows a low battery warning.

Also, you might check and make sure the holes for the transducer aren't clogged with salt crystals or other debris.

Heard from Uemis very promptly, on there request it has gone back to Switzerland to be looked at.
The SDA was purchased on 14/12/2010 would you be happy diving with a repaired unit after such a serious malfunction or would you insist on a replacement?
cheers
Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom