25 +25 = ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple years back for x-mas we ordered about 8 trays worth of assorted fruits, meats, and vegetables from the local grocery store--.each tray was worth about $30.00. My dad goes in x-mas morning and picks up all 8 trays and brings them to the check out counter. The cashier rings up the top tray worth $30.00 and thats all...dad pays thirty something and leaves...

Merry fricking x-mas....LOLOLOLOL!

It's nice to get a break in your favor from time to time.

Thats some deal, I love it when stuff like that happens

Years ago, a friend told us about a sale at a local Sporting Goods store where they were selling hard weights for weight lifting at about 20 or 25 cents a pound (as opposed to the usual $1 per pound). So another friend and I went down there to buy some weights. I grabbed a box with four 10 kilo disks. (40 kilos = 88 lbs) and tried to buy it. The clerk started to charge me the 20-something cents per kilo, less than 10 dollars. I explained that it was supposed to be per pound, and they were undercharging me by more than half. Still clerk insisted that it was less than $10. I argued twice more before I gave up. I can rest assured that I honestly and sincerely tried to pay the right amount. I ended up with 88 lbs of steel for less than 10 cents a pound.

My buddy said nothing as he paid the same small amount for a box with two 20 kilo disks.

I have never felt like I was "stealing" because I tried three times to get them to charge me the right amount. The father that knowingly paid only $30 for $240 worth of merchandise without at least trying to do the right thing has to live with his actions.

Wristshot

Wristshot:
Years ago, a friend told us about a sale at a local Sporting Goods store where they were selling hard weights for weight lifting at about 20 or 25 cents a pound (as opposed to the usual $1 per pound). So another friend and I went down there to buy some weights. I grabbed a box with four 10 kilo disks. (40 kilos = 88 lbs) and tried to buy it. The clerk started to charge me the 20-something cents per kilo, less than 10 dollars. I explained that it was supposed to be per pound, and they were undercharging me by more than half. Still clerk insisted that it was less than $10. I argued twice more before I gave up. I can rest assured that I honestly and sincerely tried to pay the right amount. I ended up with 88 lbs of steel for less than 10 cents a pound.

My buddy said nothing as he paid the same small amount for a box with two 20 kilo disks.

I have never felt like I was "stealing" because I tried three times to get them to charge me the right amount. The father that knowingly paid only $30 for $240 worth of merchandise without at least trying to do the right thing has to live with his actions.

Wristshot
There have been a number of times i have either mentioned at the register or after the sale when i realise something wasnt rung up and gone back in and told the clerk of the mistake. IIRC almost every time the folks just let you go with the stuff anyway and you are guilt-free having told them the error in your favour and not feeling like you have stolen something by keeping quiet.

simbrooks:
There have been a number of times i have either mentioned at the register or after the sale when i realise something wasnt rung up and gone back in and told the clerk of the mistake. IIRC almost every time the folks just let you go with the stuff anyway and you are guilt-free having told them the error in your favour and not feeling like you have stolen something by keeping quiet.
I can respect that, and I agree.

If they overcharged you / me, you / I would raise heck, and expect them to correct it. By the same token, if they undercharge me, I raise a flag. If they choose to let it slide, then I have done my part, and I can rest easy (no bad Kharma). More importantly I can look myself in the mirror.

Other people have different standards and different mirrors.

But we have digressed from the topic. Leesa did nothing wrong, and I congratulate her on finding a great bargain!

Wristshot

What about the other one? Don't tell me you paid $35 for one chair!!! *laughing*

Nice purchase!

W

The other day my wife went to buy some fish to fry at $2.50 / lb. The tag on the wrapper (the store wrapped and labeled the fish) indicated that the fish was $25.00 / lb. My wife didn't catch it until she was looking at the reciept after loading all the groceries in the van. We went back in and the store corrected their mistake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom