25th Anniversary Surprise - Media Luna?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenlaur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been looking for a place to go that is upscale and that offers diving. We love to dive but not necessarily 3 times a day for 7 days. I wanted something that offered a little more (hiking, zip lining, etc. Nightlife not a concern). So after researching Caymans. Belize, Saba and Curacao I am leaning toward Roatan, specifically Media Luna.

I would love to consider the South Pacific but with 2 kids in college that is not an option at this time. We have done the BVI 3 times so we want something different. That is the only place out of the country that we have been diving.

Thoughts?

I think you will find Media Luna to be a perfect destination for your Anniversary. Yes I maybe a little biased since I work with them. But with that being said one of the things you can do is get the anniversary or honeymoon package that includes flowers in the room, A bottle of Champaign, private reserved dining table and much more. Media Luna offers spectacular shore diving, a first class dive operation and an unbelievable dinning selection.

You may want to check with the Cajun Diva (another member on this board) since she and her husband were just there celebrating her anniversary so she could give more of a firsthand account.

You can learn more by checking the following links

Virtual tour of Media Luna resort

Virtual Dive Map of Roatan

Recent article of the dive operation at Media Luna

Let me know if you have any questions or need any more information

Cozumel - any of the All-Inclusives (AI).

You may want to check with the Cajun Diva (another member on this board) since she and her husband were just there celebrating her anniversary so she could give more of a firsthand account.

Yes I actually read this trip report. I also read reviews on tripadvisor. It looks like a place we would love.

Hi jenlaur -

We enjoyed a blissful 10 days at Media Luna for our 17th anniversary. I can't recommend the experience highly enough for an anniversary trip. The bungalows are impeccable, the staff is incredibly friendly and you can indulge in any of the things you mentioned in your post. You could indulge in as many or as few dives as you wanted...as we learned on our recent trip. When you want to take some time off from diving and you've had enough of zip-lining, shopping, etc., the resort itself is a BEAUTIFUL place to relax and enjoy yourself. The sheer beauty of the surroundings is enough to keep you happy for hours on end. I would highly recommend the day trip to Cayos Cochinos offered by Aqua Adventures...it was quite an experience :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom