2700lumen diving video light for sales US$199/Promotion price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought one of these PV32 lights, and it was delivered in a timely way.

But the light is really disappointing. The beam angle on the thing is about 160 degrees, so the intensity of the light is very low. Maybe the 2700 lumens are there, but they are so spread out the light is almost useless to me as a video light. I'm much better off with my two 700 lumen video lights, which I was hoping to replace. In fact, it is not as bright as my SOLA 1200 on the 300 lumen setting, which has almost as much beam angle as the PV32.

So the PV32 I received is either faulty, or is very poorly engineered, especially the optics (there is no reflector, no means to focus the light).
I suspect the problem is the engineering.

---------- Post added September 21st, 2015 at 01:55 PM ----------

More info: I purchased a tried a different battery in the PV32. It is now about twice as bright....about like my SOLA 1200 on half-power.
So, the problems are two: (1) very wide bean angle, and (2) poor battery supplied with it.

Light worked great in Bonaire. 2nd battery was necessary. I would highly recommend this light as a flood light. I liked the green light on top indicating that it still had strong battery. I used the red beam from about 40 ft down and the bright from 40 ft up. I did find at 20 ft it was too bright depending on whether the sun was at my back.

I shopped this fairly hard and the value in the package is well worth the purchase. P9270502 (2).jpgPA010145 (2).jpgPA020091 (2).jpg

I bought one of these PV32 lights, and it was delivered in a timely way.

But the light is really disappointing. The beam angle on the thing is about 160 degrees, so the intensity of the light is very low. Maybe the 2700 lumens are there, but they are so spread out the light is almost useless to me as a video light. I'm much better off with my two 700 lumen video lights, which I was hoping to replace. In fact, it is not as bright as my SOLA 1200 on the 300 lumen setting, which has almost as much beam angle as the PV32.

So the PV32 I received is either faulty, or is very poorly engineered, especially the optics (there is no reflector, no means to focus the light).
I suspect the problem is the engineering.

---------- Post added September 21st, 2015 at 01:55 PM ----------

More info: I purchased a tried a different battery in the PV32. It is now about twice as bright....about like my SOLA 1200 on half-power.
So, the problems are two: (1) very wide bean angle, and (2) poor battery supplied with it.
The light beam angle is 110degree.I have no idea how you get 160 degree.The light is for photography and video . In order to avoid hotspot. So there is a wide angle.
For the battery. I have tested by use the archon 32650 battery and scubalamp 32650 battery . All the battery is the same when insert in the light. Please check your
battery is fully charged.

I would like to know your further feedbacks.Because now you have this light in hand for a long time comparatively.So I wish you give us a comprehensive review.

Cheers
Minos

Back
Top Bottom