2AA do not equal 1 CRV3, how many shots do you get w/ CRV3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desert Eagle, you must of bought the same batteries I was looking at buying off of ebay......

The 2 batteries and charger were 9.99, and another 10 shipping.

The seller was a total jerk though, I asked them how much for shipping if I bought 3 sets of batteries and chargers, same $10 shipping (I mean heck they're all the same item and would be going into the same friggin' box) but nooooooo, they wanted 3x the shipping also for $30 in shipping..........nah I said........

So sounds like Desert eagle is happy with them though......PM me your thoughts DE....

I realize that this topic is over 2 months old. The general consensus is that the rechargeable CRV3 batteries are the best in an Oly sp 350. Did I get that right ? and then what is the Milli Amp batteries that you are using to last so long?

Hello,

I finally bought a charger and 2 CR-V3 rechargeable batteries, they have 1350mAh each. The charger plus batteries cost me EUR 50 (appr. USD 75). I decided not to use the cheapest offer on ebay, because 1) rechargeable LiIons are a bit delicate (google for it...), and I do not want to take the risk of an exploding battery inside my camera and 2) from all I found in the internet the cheap batteries are sometimes (or often?) crap. They never have these advertised 2000mAh or more, many of them seem to be really weak!

I fully loaded one battery and took 500 photos in a row with it (no strobe) before it stopped working - not bad! What I noticed: When the low battery warning appeared,I could only take another 6 shots, and then the camera stopped working.

So my advice in short: Go for a brand name rechargeable CR-V3 and charger. Even if you spend a few dollars more than for a no-name this is nothing compared to your frustration in case the batteries stop functioning in the middle of your dive trip!

Greetings,

Jock

what i find the problem with sp-350 is that it didn't indicate on the screen how much energy in battery left whether it's full, half or nearly empty. It showed only low batt but it is too late to change them. I had a sony digital camera once, n they tell u how many percent is left.this way before i dive i can charge the battery up. I try 2 avoid opening the housings,

Perhaps any of u can suggest what's d best way of indicating how many energy left in the battery for recharging/ changing them?

thx in advance.

Another option is the non rechargable crv3s. We usually do 4 dives a day and have never run out of juice. They are more expensive but cheaper than buying a new camera if yours floods! :) We use them for 4 dives and then look at photos hooked to the tv in the hotel. After I take out the used battery, I mark it with a sharpie and keep it for "home" use. I have used the "used" ones topside for tons of pictures before the go dead. I'm also kind of lazy and hate to mess with carrying chargers etc.......

Back
Top Bottom