2G battery life impressive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...as I've pointed out before, I still haven't been able to get this baby in the water yet, but the more I use it, the more I like it.

Already finding that it has many features that my DSLR camera has that the DX-5000 did not, was a nice suprise to go along with the more than double pixels.

But I have been extreamly impressed with the charge life of the little Li-ion 1150mAh power cell.

I had worked my way up to AA 2500mAh rechargables for the 5000 and was very happy with the charge time provided. I can easily shoot 2-3 dives and have plenty of charge left over to veiw the files on the TV in my hotel room and shoot pics throughout the afternoon.

So as you can imagine, I was a little set back when the 2G came with this tiny 11500 rechargable, thinking it wouldn't be able to do the job...

...well Mr., I was wrong!! This baby really holds a charge! I use it for work, I'm an architectural designer/draftsman and I use it to photo houses and buildings when I go into measure them to do drawings for renovations and additions.

This week I photo'd a 4000+ square foot home, interiors and exteriors, shooting through a 2 1/2 - 2Meg SD cards using the flash most of the time, shooting "fine", no need for RAW images here...the battery is still showing a full charge!

this was on Monday, I am going to the same client's old house to measure and photo the furniture and furnishings they are going to keep for the new house when finished and as far as I can tell, I do not need to charge the battery again before I go over there...

...I'll say it again, can't wait to get this thing wet!!!!

That is great to hear. I read another post that one diver shooting raw was a little disappointed in the number of shots he got with the battery. He said that he got about 100 pics from a battery. I would have thought he would have gotten 3 times that number; however, I've never shot in raw so maybe it takes more power to shoot in raw.

Regards,

Bill

I'm able to get 2 dives out a charge and be pretty much on empty after that. If I turn the camera on and off during those 2 dives I could get a night dive in on the 1 charging. I have the camera set up on hog mode though so I'm probably using more juice than I need to.

I want to get a 2nd battery.

I have a second battery but my battery for the DX-1G easily lasts for one days diving. I rotate the batteries every other day. However, I am shooting jpegs and not raw. I can shoot several hundred pics before replacing the battery.

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom