2nd edition of SCUBA: A Practical Guide for the New Diver is almost ready.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
createspace front cover.jpg

After nearly 3 years and 500 or so copies sold/distributed in print, Pdf, and CD it was time to do something with this. Now with readers in 20 countries on six continents it was time to get a little more exposure
03.gif

Thanks to tech_diver on here for assistance in formatting and designing the new cover as well as invaluable advice on getting this going.

The new format is more portable being 6x9 in print, there is an extra chapter on basic gear maintenance, and space for notes at the end of each chapter. It is in proofing now and will be available on Amazon. Kindle version is going to follow very soon after. Also looking at other e reader formats.

There have been a number of SB members who have told me they benefitted from this work and people from other message boards and forums I belong to that said it saved them money, time, and headaches. What new members to SB, and new/not so new divers in general, will find in this is much of that information you may not have gotten in your classes that, in my opinion, you really should have.
As soon as it becomes available I will let you know here.
I will also be getting some copies to have with me at shows and for those who want a signed copy. How that is going to work is still in the planning stages and will be a little more than buying direct from amazon as I will have to pay to have them shipped to me then ship them to you.

Cover price is going to be around the same as the 1st edition which was selling for 20.00. Ebook price has not been decided yet but see it being about the same as the Pdf I email. Nice thing is that with amazon and ebook is that you will not have to wait for me to answer your emails to purchase it.

I already have the book but a copy in epub for my Kobo would be nice.

All e book formats are going to be looked at and hopefully done soon. I don't want to be restricted to just kindle.

Can't wait to buy the second edition and put it on my kindle! The first edition was extremely helpful to me as a new diver.

I just submitted what I hope is the final proof. Should finish proofing tomorrow and then hit print so to speak. So in a week or so I'm thinking orders for print versions can be placed. Then a few small mods and upload for Kindle, Nook, etc., soon after. It is amazing as a writer to find out the more you know the more critical you are of yourself. I found some small typos and had to make a few minor grammar changes as I wanted better flow in some places. Not that they were incorrect but it now reads better in some places and those improve the whole work. And with the additional info isn't that what a second edition is supposed to do? It works, I like it, and I think you all will as well. I will have e reader formats as soon as possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom