2nd stage LP hoses - proprietary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

notabob

Contributor
Reaction score
...or not? I just ordered an Apeks TX40 octo that I'm planning on temporarily using as a primary (and move my Scubapro G200B to backup duty, currently served by an ancient Dacor Pacer XL). I think I should be able to find a black front cover for the reg fairly easily, but was wondering if the black SP and yellow Apeks hoses would be interchangable at the 2nd stage side. I don't think they are, but wanted to double-check. The whole rig will eventually be Apeks (probably this spring, with an ATX50) and the TX40 will once again take on the role of backup. Thanks.

-Roman.

The hoses should be OK -- the Apeks issue is typically with a 1st stage/2nd stage package has a 1/2" thread on the 1st-stage end.

Front covers are $16.50 MSRP, in black or yellow.

It took me about two minutes to change them out. Just unscrew the cover (friction against the palm of your hand pressed against the cover should work), use your fingers to carefully push back two of the four clips and the purge button and spring will come off (note which way was "up" for the emblem, spring force is not major, and it is big enough that if you aren't careful, you won't lose it). Just press them into the other cover, turn in with your palm again and it should come close to being "up" -- don't force it, IMHO better to be able to disassemble without tools than have a perfectly vertical emblem.

The hoses should be OK -- the Apeks issue is typically with a 1st stage/2nd stage package has a 1/2" thread on the 1st-stage end.

Actually, I was worried about the compatibility of the hoses on the 2nd stage side. I.e. unscrewing the Scubapro reg from its black hose and screwing the TX40 onto the SP hose instead. Then hooking the scubapro reg onto the Apeks yellow hose. Thanks.

-Roman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom