2nd Strobe advice needed for XZ-01

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vossroad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a XZ-1(PT-050) w/ S&S YS-01. I don't want to spend the extra $$$ for another YS-01, so what are the thoughts of adding the YS-02 as my 2nd strobe.

ps-I would have bought the YS-02 instead of the YSD-01 in the first place however I didn't learn about the non TTL function until it was too late-argh.

HI-
The YS-02 would be suitable as a secondary strobe for the YS-D1. The specs are identical in regards to beam angle, power output/light level controls, and recycle time. The YS-02 just does not have the DS-TTL or focus light features.

-----------------POST edited by Admin-----------------------
Shftrdog this is not a sales forum, please read the rules before posting. Do not post For Sale or other sales related items in this forum or any of the manufacturer forums. Use the other appropriate public forums to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI-
The YS-02 would be suitable as a secondary strobe for the YS-D1. The specs are identical in regards to beam angle, power output/light level controls, and recycle time. The YS-02 just does not have the DS-TTL or focus light features.

Excellent. That's what I'll get as my 2nd. I appreciate the quick response.

Won't I need a dual synch cord also? Or does the second strobe flash w/o a synch cord?

you would need another regular sync cords. The strobe has a second fiber optic port for daisy chaining multiple strobes.

Back
Top Bottom