3 Days in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just talked the captain. He said he was seeing 1-2' this morning, with about 70' of viz. Any other folks that were out today wanna share? His worst case estimate is 3-4' tomorrow with an occasional 5'. I don't dive the Keys enough to know, so I have to rely on the knowledge of those that do. Crossing my fingers.

THIS is one of the reasons I cave dive, lol! Weather? What weather?

Cyberfed, there'll definitely be pictures! It's not often I get both of my kids and my lil bro in the water together. My son leaves on Monday and there's no telling how long it will be til the Marines let me have him back for more diving.

Thanks all!

On Saturday morning, 11/1, we were rocking and rolling at The Elbow with Silent World, but the viz and dives were some of the best this year. Current was up, but so was the viz ... 60+ feet easily, saw a turtle, the biggest Goliath Grouper ever, nurse sharks at the City of Washington that came right up to us, a big school of Midnight Parrotfish. A great day! :D I love my life!!!

You're kidding! I thought Sat. morning was rather calm, nothing at all compared to Friday. We were the group on the other Silent World boat with Capt. Bob. We double dipped the Duane in the morning, with City of Washington and a reef in the afternoon.

We started our morning with 3-4's out of Boynton Inlet but had 5-7' by the time we got down to the Castor and then it settled down to 2-4's by the fourth tank. Viz was very good at 60-80' (except on the 4th dive nearer the inlet).

We started our morning with 3-4's out of Boynton Inlet but had 5-7' by the time we got down to the Castor and then it settled down to 2-4's by the fourth tank. Viz was very good at 60-80' (except on the 4th dive nearer the inlet).

Saturday I drank like a fish at Dante's Key West. Waves in the pool were calm, but the water was kinda chilly. :D

On Saturday morning, 11/1, we were rocking and rolling at The Elbow with Silent World, but the viz and dives were some of the best this year. Current was up, but so was the viz ... 60+ feet easily, saw a turtle, the biggest Goliath Grouper ever, nurse sharks at the City of Washington that came right up to us, a big school of Midnight Parrotfish. A great day! :D I love my life!!!

I was at the city of washington last year with silent world.Did you see an unusualy friendly goliath?We had one that followed us like he was a dog on a leash. Reading your dive reports makes me want to get myself down to the keys again.

You're kidding! I thought Sat. morning was rather calm, nothing at all compared to Friday. We were the group on the other Silent World boat with Capt. Bob. We double dipped the Duane in the morning, with City of Washington and a reef in the afternoon.

Some folks on our boat who had been out on Friday said the same thing. The roughest part was the ride out. I was humming the theme to "Gilligan's Island" to myself the entire time.

I was at the city of washington last year with silent world.Did you see an unusualy friendly goliath?We had one that followed us like he was a dog on a leash. Reading your dive reports makes me want to get myself down to the keys again.

No ... only saw the one goliath at South South Ledges, but it was a dandy! :D

That's because raindrops act like millions of little hammers beating down the wave action.... :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom