3-man Teams at Lobos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eric gundrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
On Friday I plan to dive Lobos with two other divers. If I recall correctly, Lobos rules require 2-man dive teams but that often the gate guard permits a three man team when there is space (and we all enter the park together). At least, I didn't have any trouble when I did this a few years ago. I'm concerned past practice may no longer apply.

Does anyone have any insight or advice for getting a three-man team into Lobos this Friday?

Thanks...eric

I've asked nicely and politely and they've never given me a hassle.

Just keep in mind that don't have to allow it, so be super sweet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've done it with some regularity, it hasn't been a problem. The one time it met with disapproval was when we showed up with two 3-diver teams, presumably he thought we were going to split into three sets of two and were cheating the system.

Its not a problem...no worries.

No problem on weekdays. Was part of a three-diver team today. And many weekdays in the past. Weekends almost always require a reservation that needs to be confirmed by Kristina.

Ever since they changed the fee structure to per-diver, the 3-man team has been *less* of an issue IMO. If you have six divers in the water, you can just pay the $60 online and set it up as three teams of two (if only because the online system is set up that way). They're really trying to enforce the "30 divers per day" rule to minimize impact on the ecosystem.

That's what I figured, but I had only three of us. I was afraid an over-zealous gate person might be strict about "15 buddy teams" rather than a limit of 30 divers. I suspect my diving a weekday helped a lot -- they'd rather take the extra $10 than turn away $40. :) We had a good day in spite of numerous problems with rental gear. The gate guard was someone whom I've seen for years; he was great.

Just yesterday I made a reservation for two people, and later made a new res to add a third person (as buddy #3 confirmed late). Today I got two paypal invoices, one for $20 and another for $10. As long as you're not trying to game the system, they're accommodating to teams of three.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom