3 months around Visayas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings,

I am planning a dive trip around the Visayas for 3 months, and it has been a great help reading these boards. My itinerary so far is Cebu - Moalboal - Dumaguete (incl. Apo Island) - Alona Beach - Southern Leyte - Malapascua. The schedule is very flexible, but I plan to spend approx. a week at each destination.

However, I would like to also find that perfect place where I can stay for a month or more, relaxing while doing some great diving. If you have any suggestions for that perfect place, please let me know!

Best
KS

If you want a break from good diving then you should visit Camiguin Island. Beautiful island with several volcanoes. Unfortunately the diving there is very ordinary.
Another small island NOT too far from Cebu and Leyte is Camotes which has deep wall and deep wreck.

Last edited:
@Centrals: thanks for your suggestions. In fact, some of your earlier posts on this board have helped me a lot while planning, so thanks.

Perhaps I should have been more specific in my question. I am looking to divide my trip into two parts. The first part wil consist of a tour around the Visayas where I visit each of the destinations for approx. a week. The second part of the trip will consist of staying in one place for about 4 to 6 weeks.

My request for suggestions concerned the second part of the trip. So far I am leaning towards Malapascua, which is also why I left it to the end of the tour. However, I think there is a big difference between doing short term visits and staying for an extended period of time, and I was unable to find much info on the boards concerning stays in one place for extended periods. So let me rephrase the request: if you had one month and you had to choose one destination in the Visayas, which one would it be?

Regards
KS

Since you want to mainly relax for the second half of the trip Malapascua certainly could do it for you if you can find long term accomodations.

Since I am on a budget these days, if I had a month to spend in one place it would probablly be in Bohol, Dumaguette or Moalboal. You should be able to find long term rentals in each of these three places and you can take nice day trips from all of those locations... I am not familiar with any long term accomodations in Malapascua.

Cheers,
Roger

I would spend your 2nd half long term in Bohol Alona beach area you will find some long term rentals with a scooter included. Many dive options and islands to explore out of this area. 1 bonus would be exploring Bohol and the area. Some great swimming areas with waterfalls on Bohol. Also shopping center close by, Airport and ferry pier to get out and explore if you decide to do so. Alona beach has some good nitelife and restuarants to hang out at also.
Have a good trip

....I am looking to divide my trip into two parts. The first part wil consist of a tour around the Visayas where I visit each of the destinations for approx. a week. The second part of the trip will consist of staying in one place for about 4 to 6 weeks.
A. Spend the 2nd part of your trip on the best place that you had been.
B. Explore few more options afield eg. Mindanao(Davao, Gen Santos, Surigao), Coron and Luzon(Anilao, Puerto Galera and Subic Bay).

Have a nice trip.

i spent 6 weeks or so last year, and visited and dove coron, malapascua, the dumaguete area, and southern leyte. imho malapascua is not a good place to consider basing yourself for an extended period. the dumaguete/southern negros area, on the other hand, has anything a person could need to keep them occupied and/or relaxed for an extended stay, including fair pricing, infrastructure, water and land based activities, a good sized ex pat community (for better or worse depending how you look at it) - even decent food. in short, lots on offer. i will return this year for a short stay to confirm last year's impressions. good luck!

Last edited:
Greetings,

Thanks a lot for your replies. Yeah, I guess I will decide once I have been to the different spots. Long term rentals are definitely a factor, so perhaps Malapascua isn't great for that. Anyways, thanks a lot for your suggestions. I will be sure to do a travel report.

Regards
KS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom