3 Reg Failures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was a while ago but If I remember correctly the wet breathing second stage was cracked, the leaking first stage was thrown out as the lp port plug could no longer seal.

My experience is that there's a break in period following regulator service where the cracking pressure of second stages will become slightly lower. I carry a tool like this to make adjustments in my save a dive kit.

I don't have the experience of many here when it comes to reg servicing, but what I've seen from customer regs makes me happy I can service my own. I've had more than a few WTF?! moments over the years servicing regs that were previously serviced by other techs.

If you can follow IKEA assembly instructions, you have sufficient technical ability to assemble and service your own regs.

OTOH, congratulations on making it through that dive. That's a lot of failures to manage and have to think through. Am I correct in remembering that you were trained by Ben from UTD?

@Vicko you didn’t get any DCS syndrome either?

Out of curiosity where did you try O2 at 12m? inside a dry chamber?

No, in the water with communications and a full face mask.
I was extremely tiered, but no real symptoms.

OTOH, congratulations on making it through that dive. That's a lot of failures to manage and have to think through. Am I correct in remembering that you were trained by Ben from UTD?
Nope, never finished a sidemount course and all my tec certifications come from PADI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom