3 Way Mount/Pole Compatibility for Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JB69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just purchased a GoPro Hero 6 with the 3 way mount! Here's a picture of the 3 way mount.

3WayMount_PDP_1.jpg

The handle area has an insert which is the tripod. That said, there'll be some air in the handle if the water doesn't fill it up. If it does then it's all good but I'm wondering if anyone used this underwater before. I could simply remove the insert/tripod but that means I don't have anywhere to tie my wrist strap so I can secure it.

Couple questions:
  1. Did the handle keep the air in so well that it affected your buoyancy?
  2. Is strapping a GoPro stick to your wrist dangerous?

Appreciate any comments/thoughts on this!

Good day!

Though i havent used that mount, i cant imagine it having enough positive bouyancy to offset you on a dive. As for attaching, im an advocate for keeping hands free for whatever unexpected event may happen. My suggestion would be to lanyard it to your shoulder D ring with a boltsnap and have a way of tucking it into a pocket or bungie when not in use.

Happy Diving!

Though i havent used that mount, i cant imagine it having enough positive bouyancy to offset you on a dive. As for attaching, im an advocate for keeping hands free for whatever unexpected event may happen. My suggestion would be to lanyard it to your shoulder D ring with a boltsnap and have a way of tucking it into a pocket or bungie when not in use.

Happy Diving!
The handle is about the length of my palm. I think I'll probably fill it up by unscrewing and then screwing back on before I descend.

And we're on the same page for having hands free! Your suggested setup sounds much better than what I have planned.

Thanks!

You want a slightly positive rig. It makes it easier to solidly frame your shot, takes out some of the shakes, and makes it possible to recover if you miss the clip or it gets knocked free.

Back
Top Bottom