300 feet for 3 hours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curt Bowen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just returned from the 4th annual Zero Gravity week held at the Sunset House, Grand Cayman.

www.sunsethouse.com

Zero Gravity is a CCR Rebreather week held ever August for those divers who wish to extend their dives within the capabilities of the personal closed curcuit rebreather.

Limits are set at 300 feet for a total run time of no more than 3 hours each dive.

The week went great and I got the chance to pick up and dive my new Megalodon CCR for 15 hours of bottom time and a max depth of 225 feet.

see www.customrebreathers.com

See some of my new photos under my portfolio here on the Scuba Board.

Curt Bowen:
I just returned from the 4th annual Zero Gravity week held at the Sunset House, Grand Cayman.

www.sunsethouse.com

Zero Gravity is a CCR Rebreather week held ever August for those divers who wish to extend their dives within the capabilities of the personal closed curcuit rebreather.

Limits are set at 300 feet for a total run time of no more than 3 hours each dive.

The week went great and I got the chance to pick up and dive my new Megalodon CCR for 15 hours of bottom time and a max depth of 225 feet.

Curt,
I must complement you first on the incredible pictures you took and second how quickly you took to the meg.
You looked as if you have been diving the unit forever..

Curt Bowen:

www.sunsethouse.com

That is totally awesome

Congrats on the new toy and the great diving, Curt.

Curt Bowen:

So when do they have the real dives for the OC guys :eyebrow:

Sounds great Curt. Would like to be in the CCR world. Enjoy the new toy.

MD

MechDiver:
So when do they have the real dives for the OC guys :eyebrow:

Sounds great Curt. Would like to be in the CCR world. Enjoy the new toy.

MD
Curt could tell you about doing these dives on OC, he was at ZeroG last year using sidemounts.. I bet he had alot more fun being able to stay with us (and take lots of pictures of all the divers)

This year curt got to cruise the wall on the one way carrie lee dive instead of hitting the wreck then immediately up the wall to the shallows for a 75 minute+ swim back to SunSet House..

Oc divers really couldn't carry the gas to do the dives (with the level of safety)we were able to do on CCRs, on many dives we had actual bottom times of an hour (or more) before starting to go shallower...
Plus we could bump our po2s whenever we wanted to help our deco along (on one dive I cut about 30 mins of deco by raising my po2 during the shallow sections of the dive)...

I am still waiting for my "next" issue of ADM, with the Florida cave fatality details and debrief in it.

CCRs are the furthest thing from my mind.

Congrats on your new toy. ADM revenues must be pretty good, for you to be able to afford all this new stuff. Funny thing, that you also get to write it off for your taxes, as well as have loads of fun with it too.

Just keep the magazine coming.

Someday you will have to write your own book, just like Gary Gentile and Bruce Wienke and Jarrod Jablonski have each separately done. With lots of photos and dazzling stories too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom