3mm for occasional use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mossym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, I'm a nor cal diver, which means 7mm year round, i'm going to maui in nov, and want to pick up a 3mm, it'll only get used once, twice a year if i'm lucky, so i don't want an expensive suit, just something to keep me warm for 3 days of diving when i go away..any suggestions?

I have a bodyglove 3/2 crush that serves me well for in between days. Sells for like $119 list and is staying together really nice. If anything get's cool it's the arms, I'd try for a full 3 next time and sacrifice the slight comfort improvement.

Pete

Check out Triple-L. I dive their 5 mil, and it's a good inexpensive suit. There are a lot of threads on this brand, here's one.

Another alternative is to buy something off e-bay. Purchased a Henderson Hyperstretch 3 mil for $80.

Also, in Hawaii, the dive op we dove with has wetsuits rentals. It was $5 a day for a wetsuit. Reasonable.

If your existing suit is one piece and hoodless it will suffice in Hawaii. This is especially true the deeper you go.If you get a 3 mil fit is everything of course. Just make sure you are getting quality neoprene that is meant for divers.

ae3753:
Check out Triple-L. I dive their 5 mil, and it's a good inexpensive suit. There are a lot of threads on this brand, here's one.

Another alternative is to buy something off e-bay. Purchased a Henderson Hyperstretch 3 mil for $80.

Also, in Hawaii, the dive op we dove with has wetsuits rentals. It was $5 a day for a wetsuit. Reasonable.

I went with Triple-L, also because I didn't want to pay a lot for something I won't use that often, and was pleasantly surprised. I love it!

what i have is a henderson hyperstretch 7mm, i thought that would be way too warm in hawaii..

Went to Hawaii (Maui - Molokini) in April, and the water was 80 degrees. Was told that it was around 80's throughout the year. There were no thermoclines up to 90' (our deepest depth).

I would think that 7 mil would be too warm too. Most divers had 3 mil, unless you got cold easily and then you dove 5 mil. Probably best to ask local divers for water temp though, but I wanted to give you one data point if no one else chimes in.

I'm also planning to get a Triple-L 3mm. Really cheap - even for custom made - and by all accounts very good.

thanks guys, i don't get cold very easily, so i think i'll spring for one of the triple-l 3mm..i was going to get their bag anyway, so can get it all on one order!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom