3x Bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rls

Reaction score
does anyone know of an outfitter thatmakes a 3xBCD.
I am 6'4"tall and large framed
additionaly,Iwouldlike toknow if anyone has ever heard of a tank made of titaninum would this sort of tank be light small and carry a lot of air???

RLS

rls:
additionaly,Iwouldlike toknow if anyone has ever heard of a tank made of titaninum would this sort of tank be light small and carry a lot of air???

RLS
no - but it would certainly be expensive!

3 options you might consider in a BC.

1) My personal preference would be a Hogarthian rigged backplate and wing as it is adjustable to just about any dimension you can throw at it.

2) http://www.scubal.com sells bc's that run quite large. Many folks have ordered one size smaller than the sizing chart recommends and still found it to be quite a bit of "wiggle" room.

3) Check with Larry at http://www.scubatoys.com about a Zeagle as they are "customizable" for a variety of dimensions.

Aloha, Tim

Isn't a light tank a bit counterproductive? It its too light, its going to be bouyant and you're going to have to carry more weight to be neutral. but regarding titanium tanks, aren't there russian titanium tanks that can be filled over 4000 PSI? but those aren't legal here in the US I'm guessing.

I'm also large framed, 6'2 and over 300. I didn't know about backplates initially. So while trying on multitudes of BC's trying to find a fit, I found that the manufacturer's seem to believe that 3xl bc's require 4xl lift capacities. The Sherwood Outback/Genesis Recon fit great with adjustability to spare, but only comes with 75 lbs. lift. If you need this great but I dive mostly in Florida with a 3mil, 30lbs is plenty. 75 is a lot of Taco and hard to vent if you don't need it. I think the Oceanic Probe?? was the only standard jacket type that fit at all but wasn't comfortable. If you want to stay with the jacket sort of fit I would suggest the Transpac 2 and similar types that allow the lift of your choice and usually a little extra adjustability. I use other Zeagle gear but found the Ranger BC to be a bit "floppy" for my tastes. A friend had one customized that was large enough to try.
One shop had a backplate in stock, I tried it and won't go back to jacket styles.

P.S. You did not ask about wetsuits but I found Akona's were the only stock suits close to fitting. I wear a 4x and they make a 5x as well. Or did in the past.

Hey guys

Jumping in here, I am 6'-3" and hovering between 300 and 310 lbs. I got a Zeagle Brigade from Larry at Scubatoys, he hooked me up with 3x waist on XL shoulders. Fits great. I bought my wetsuit custom made from Liquidfit, it was expensive but so worth it compared to cramming into something off the rack. I am currently looking at Steel tanks since I require 12 lbs when diving with an AL80 and 3mm wetsuit in fresh water. I anticipate doing most of my diving in salt water, so every pound counts for me. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom