(4) 3442psi Worthington X8-130s, (2) 3500psi Genesis HP100s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Lecter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I currently have more large galvanized HP steel tanks than I know what to do with, and the idea of moving them in the relatively near future is not thrilling.

• (2) X8-130s with boots and Thermo Pro valves (with yoke inserts), both born on 7-2006 and both rehydroed 11-2012. Both have recent viz...probably 5-2014. Happy fill with buyer's choice of 21%, 32%, or 36%. There aren't any comparable tanks available new since Worthington stopped making SCUBA tanks, but a Faber will set you back at least $380 plus shipping. Let's say $250 each. I have Highland 3" wide bands for these with hardware and derlin wheels if the buyer is interested.
  • (2) X8-130s without boots and with 300bar DIN valves of unknown make. Also hyrdoed in 11-2012, born-on dates in the 2008-2009 range IIRC (though they doubled up nicely); are a few months out of viz and will pass no problem, happy to do before sale or let buyer handle for a discount. Let's say $200 each unless I handle the viz. I have Highland 3" wide bands for these with hardware if the buyer is interested. A DR h-valve is also a possible addition.
  • (1) Genesis hot dip galv 3500psi HP100 with boot and 300bar DIN valve. Hydroed in 11-2012, needs viz, same deal as above re: who handles viz. Let's say $150 unless I handle the viz.

I have a Genesis 7/8" 300bar DIN iso manifold that could be packaged with this, along with another Genesis HP100, but that tank is not hot dip galv...the cold galv paint I applied has largely protected the tank but it's not overly pretty. Make me a better offer than a scrap dealer and it's yours, though I suspect it'll pass viz just fine.

Let's start with local Oahu pickup only, because I don't want to get the tubes needed to ship these and you don't want to pay for the shipping/packing costs. Prices flexible within reason; happy to work out cash/in-kind deals with an LDS looking to have some big tanks onhand for gas hog clients.

Hey Doc, do you have a compressor? If not, those HP tanks are great for banking air. Filling RB bottles and topping off bailouts. You're gonna regret selling them.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Hey Doc, do you have a compressor? If not, those HP tanks are great for banking air. Filling RB bottles and topping off bailouts. You're gonna regret selling them.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Yeah, that's how I've been using them...but moving a bunch of heavy steel tanks from Hawaii to the East Coast isn't really cost-effective or necessary. If I find myself wanting bank tanks down the road, I figure I can always buy more...and don't need to be picky about trim or buoyancy characteristics for that purpose. Using a bunch of really nice steel tanks as a bank herd just seems like a waste.

No moving cost involved. Fill some with dil and some with O2. Take all the tanks and the rEvo, jump in the water and start swimming toward California. Of course getting them from CA to NYC might be a bit tougher.

would you sell the 7/8 manifold separately?

Yep, manifold is available still. Updated the thread (thanks kwinter) to reflect that the 7.25" Highland bands were sold.

---------- Post added July 24th, 2014 at 09:55 PM ----------

No moving cost involved. Fill some with dil and some with O2. Take all the tanks and the rEvo, jump in the water and start swimming toward California. Of course getting them from CA to NYC might be a bit tougher.

Between the NIB revo radial scrubber set I just scored, and my Genesis DPV…that might just work :D

Looking for a set of 7 inch tank bands.

Back
Top Bottom