4 deep dives in one day on Duane and Bibb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stealthtransam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will have come off of 2 deep dives 14 hours prior from the Spegial.

I will be diving 2 morning dives on the Duanne, 1 afternoon dive on the Bibb on a hot fill and one reef dive after the bib. I'm trying to see if there is a good application out there to help me play out all the possible scenarios and thoughally look though my planning for a NDL dives and contingency plans in the event of an emergency.

Anyone know any good apps?

The good old PADI Recreational Dive Planner, a pencil and a piece of paper is the "app" that'll do you right.

Yeah i've been doing it on paper you should see my desk and all the possible combinations iv'e done. I'm an engineer I want to see this all on a screen in real time instead =)

You could try the iScubaPlan for the iPhone. It's an electronic version of the PADI RDP, that also includes a nitrox variable.

Hmmm... I don't consider either of those to be really deep dives (I've done them both). They should be pretty easy to plan for. I've done three dives averaging 180 ft in a single day (although I don't recommend it to anyone else).

Last edited:
GAP, V-Planner

I like Baltic for the iPhone. Pretty reasonably priced and still tracks all the necessary bits.

Done four dives over two days on those very sites. Three were deco dives, one NDL. Stayed well within safely limits. Assume you're diving the right gas and take appropriate steps. It's important to stress that risk can be mitigated, but not eliminated. You must dive within your training, experience and equipment.

The Duane is one of the best sites I've had the pleasure to dive. Also one of the worst. Best case, great vis no current. Worst dive featured a ripping current.

Who are you diving with?

V-Planner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom