46 CF Tiny Doubles $400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chatterton

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I love the Tiny Doubles for most recreational dives!!! I am selling two sets of the 46cf twin sets, with manifold and bands. The bands and manifold are the old style, for the short crossbar, without an isolator. If you are tall, you don't want these cylinders. I am 6'1" and when I am suiting up, they are so short they are uncomfortable. The white sets are the ones I am selling, and the yellow ones are my twin 50cf Tiny Doubles. You can see the size difference. Faber no longer makes the steel 46's, just the 50's. I am replacing these cylinders with a new pair of 50cf Tiny Doubles. The hydro is 8/12. $400 each, or $700 for the two twin sets, you pay shipping. I live in Boca Raton, FL.
tiny-doubles.JPG

Hi John! Still available?

I'm curious what makes them uncomfortable. I'm 6'1" too and was actually considering doubling a set of new Faber FX40's (close to same dimensions). Is the "discomfort" only because they're too short to stand on their own when donning and doffing, or is it a "while diving" issue?

Do you use a doubles wing (eg. Halcyon Evolve 30) with these or is the set too narrow for that?

I love the Tiny Doubles for most recreational dives!!! I am selling two sets of the 46cf twin sets, with manifold and bands. The bands and manifold are the old style, for the short crossbar, without an isolator. If you are tall, you don't want these cylinders. I am 6'1" and when I am suiting up, they are so short they are uncomfortable. The white sets are the ones I am selling, and the yellow ones are my twin 50cf Tiny Doubles. You can see the size difference. Faber no longer makes the steel 46's, just the 50's. I am replacing these cylinders with a new pair of 50cf Tiny Doubles. The hydro is 8/12. $400 each, or $700 for the two twin sets, you pay shipping. I live in Boca Raton, FL.
tiny-doubles.JPG

I'm 5'9" and I keep a nice sanded 4 x 4 about 12" long handy when I dive my 2 x lp 45's I set the cylinders on the block to raise them up so it's easier to get into my harness. It can be done without the block, but the block makes life easier. Being 6'1" wouldn't make donning any easier without some sort of riser.

Tobin

I actually don mine over my shoulder, never had a need for a riser. I have several sets of these and love them.

I actually don mine over my shoulder, never had a need for a riser. I have several sets of these and love them.

My thoughts exactly.

Actually, I usually don and doff my single AL80 overhead. FX40's are actually lighter, and even moreso when you take into consideration the lead I'd drop from my rig. I don't see why I'd need to worry about the length... But that's why I'm asking.

Back
Top Bottom