5/28 & 29 Monterey Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
From McAbee Beach and Eric's Pinnacle. Hope they're viewable. I don't have a website to post from, so I have to shrink them to about 1/10th.

Sorry, wouldn't upload pics. I'll have to try later. Don't know what went wrong, maybe when they finish the gallery work.

Have you tried Photobucket?

No. Do they allow sharing on a URL, which would let them be posted on Scubaboard?

I signed up and tried uploading a file. It was the right size but just like my uploads from my computer, I got "upload failed". I know others are currently posting, and I've had no problem previously, but since the server was changed, I haven't been able to upload any pictures. Can anybody help?

Larry C:
No. Do they allow sharing on a URL, which would let them be posted on Scubaboard?

I signed up and tried uploading a file. It was the right size but just like my uploads from my computer, I got "upload failed". I know others are currently posting, and I've had no problem previously, but since the server was changed, I haven't been able to upload any pictures. Can anybody help?

Hey larry,

I use photobucket for a lot of my hosting needs larry.
Under each picture that you upload they provide the img tags so all you have to do is copy and paste it in into your posts for the pictures to appear.

1 GB of online storage, 250 GB of bandwidth a months for your pics and this is all with a free account.
That's pretty hard to beat.

Flickr is another fairly decent online hosting solution..

I put the photos on Photobucket. I clicked the "manage attachments" on my post. I copied the URL from a picture onto the "URL from web" box. All I got was "failed upload". I've been getting this on my attempted uploads of thumbnails from my computer files as well. Never had a problem before.

Larry C:
I put the photos on Photobucket. I clicked the "manage attachments" on my post. I copied the URL from a picture onto the "URL from web" box. All I got was "failed upload". I've been getting this on my attempted uploads of thumbnails from my computer files as well. Never had a problem before.

Just insert the tags below the photos on photobucket into your post Larry, the pictures should show up fine...
Forget about using manage attachments, basically what we're trying to do here is bypass SB and just insert the img code for pictures that are hosted on another website..

For example.. this is the url of a photo of mine.
I could just insert the link like this.
[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jamdiver/Hope%20Gardens/Picture086-editedd.jpg[/url]

But it's more pleasing and easier to read and get the flow of someone's post if I were to wrap the url in the [img] picture URL tags.

So............... the picture url becomes
Picture086-editedd.jpg

Thanks, Jamdiver. Hopefully, here they are:
P5290046-01croppsxs.jpg

P5290038-01croppsxs.jpg

P5290045-01cropxs.jpg

P5280021-01smpsxs.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys. Looks like I'll have to shrink the dimensions as well as the mp's though, so in the future they fit better on the screen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom