5" Stage strap for 4.4" pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricTheDood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Last edited:
will work fine, however I would highly recommend you look at an AL30 or AL40 for a pony bottle depending on the depth you are diving. The Luxfer 30's are less negative than the 19's so you don't feel them as much in the water, and the 40's are actually less negative than that and make the best pony/deco bottles imho.

Kudo's to you for slinging already, and if you are slinging the length doesn't really matter, so better off to go with a tank that gives you more of a safety margin, is actually easier to carry in the water due to buoyancy characteristics, and will serve as a useful deco bottle if you end up going that route. They aren't that much more expensive either, and the extra $20 spent now will save you quite a bit later on

I'm going to disagree with Jim ONLY if you plan on traveling somewhere to dive where you won't take your tanks. Grab one of the Dive Rite's and an extra wide hose retainer in the "other" size from whatever you purchase, and you're set of for AL30's and 40's, all the way up to AL80's if they don't have something smaller that you can rent. It's quick to rig and de-rig, and give you decent flexibility in your plans.

If it will stay on your tanks though, I agree, don't bother with the Dive Rite stuff, DIR rigging is perfectly adequate, in my case preferred.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom