5 year competition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oleras

Reaction score
i tried to enter your competition but it seems someone left out Ireland as a country of choice...may i ask why ?

Thanks,

oleras

Every country has different legal regulations governing contests. We have reviewed several nation's laws to insure compliance but we simply cannot review them all and in many cases no suitable language can be located (at least not in English).

Tech Admin:
Every country has different legal regulations governing contests. We have reviewed several nation's laws to insure compliance but we simply cannot review them all and in many cases no suitable language can be located (at least not in English).

then it is not a true contest for scubaboard members..... it is a contest for whatever country you choose ? one would assume the legal regulations governing contests would be the country of origin not the country of the participent? and you may want to run a spellchecker through that, united kingdom is spelled with a d not t......

We have dozens and dozens of countries represented on ScubaBoard. If the owners had to review the laws of every one of those countries and adjust the rules for ScubaBoard to fit, the contests would never happen. That's a tremendous amount of work that has to be done by legal professionals.

oleras:
then it is not a true contest for scubaboard members..... it is a contest for whatever country you choose ? one would assume the legal regulations governing contests would be the country of origin not the country of the participent? and you may want to run a spellchecker through that, united kingdom is spelled with a d not t......

It's a contest for whichever countries we can find and meet the legal standards for. In some countries there are requirements to pay large fees, others require certain insurance or local filings. Jurisdiction is a rather complex legal issue which again, varies from country to country. Unless the laws allow us to run our contest the way it is setup in your country we have no choice but to say no. Of course many countries have been added and the majority of our users are able to enter. In the future we hope to allow more but finding, reviewing and complying with new sets of laws is an arduous task. I don't chose the countries, the law makers of those countries do and I simply follow their words. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom