50% Nitrox for deco-unsafe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Especially doing a dive on 14/50 & feeling the need to switch to EAN32 at 130 feet :no:--that switch is not a good idea, but alas it is still being taught by some of the dinosaurs.

We must have a large team of dinosaurs around here that actively dive 300ft wrecks, and have for many many years, that get off of the HE at 120ft or so.

We must have a large team of dinosaurs around here that actively dive 300ft wrecks, and have for many many years, that get off of the HE at 120ft or so.

Well Jeff I don't know about a large pack of dinosaurs diving wrecks to 300 feet for many years. However I do know there a few dinosaurs diving deep caves who teach that getting off of the helium early only to have a large N2 gradient by switching to EAN32 at 130 feet is a good thing are still around, only a few though.

I am glad to show the group the arithmetic if need be.

Our instructor taught this as well, but my dive buddy and I have yet to do it, unless we do plan another 1.5+ deco session again.

I'm no deco theorist, but even ICD doesnt appear well understood either. All I know is the deco modeling knocks a fair amount of deco off, by getting off of He. So are the models all wrong too?

The logic side of me wonders if its so bad, OC guys should be dead, as they've done the same for many many years as well, as they are off of He at 70ft, we get off at 100ft, with maybe a few minutes of deco between the two floors.

It all just doesnt add up.

I guess then I'll just keep cheating death one dive at a time... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom