50 watt HId ? Whats out there...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernShrinkage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just curious of what is available out the in a 50 watt hid canister light. I previously had a metalsub variable watt 28-50 watt but it was stolen and although I loved the light and would buy a new one in a second im not keen on purchasing one out of the U.K. (cant find a U.S. or Can dealer)

Have also looked at the Salvo but with the problems with all the current company issues an a little concerned about after sales service.....

So what is left ? Currently running a diverite slimline 10 watt and its a great little light
it doesnt have the punch required up here most diving up here is night diving at high noon due to heavy tannons ..

any recommendations appreciated

well after many hours of research im starting to think something in the 21 watt Hid is a more viable option.. Kind of leaning towards the Sartek line they seem to have the best range of options they have been around for a good while and there pricing is much better then the Halcyon line...

Just need to figure out exactly which light is my best option....... OH CARL......

I've used the 50 watt Salvo light - it's a lot of light and probably more suited towards video work? The ballast is pretty big and given the fact that Salvo no longer exists I would consider a purchase of an existing unit a non-starter.

A nice 21 watt HID works pretty darn good in most conditions with more than adequate burn time given the right battery pack. The 21 HID was pretty impressive (very white) until it got so mucky (silt out) that nothing would have made a difference.

I saw one of Carl's prototype 50 watt jobs some 6-7 years ago. He's a nice fella and always innovating.

Cheers,

X

Here's 24W one from DiveRite for $800 ... http://caveadventurers.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_17&products_id=622

I like this Sartek ...

cbps45h21.JPG

[SIZE=+1]CBPS10H2113DS (U.S. Pat.# 6,679,619)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]21/13 Watt Focusable HID System with on/off/21/13 watt switch on the head, 8.8AH Lithium Ion Battery Pack in Screw Cap PVC Canister with the new rotary switch (Belt or Backplate Mount), HID-GSHR Adjustable Rigid Goodman Handle, and Universal Fast Charger (100-240 VAC) . Burn Time about 4 hours U.S. Pat.# 6,679,619[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]MSRP $1,200.00 [/SIZE]

Thanks D_B actualy came across that deal on sunday while doing some more research it was just to hard to pass up the price. Should have her by the end of the week. Cant remember who I was speaking to over there but I can honestly say they have definetly earned my business in the future.........................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom