50 ZXD problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soamelt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Zeagle 50 ZXD that is 13 moths old with abot 30 warm water dives and very well cared for. I was having free flowing issues because of IP creep caused by the HP seat which I started this thread for.

My question is, I'm using an HP tank that usually gets filed between 3500-3700 PSI with a yoke valve rated at 232 bar. Could that have caused the problem with reg? Or is that rating more for stress on the actually yoke connection on the reg?

Either way, Zeagle makes up most of my gear. I purchased for reliability and durability. I was surprised to have this issue in what I considered to be a barely used product.

I will get with our resident regulator guru, Mr. Jim Fox, and respond to your thread ASAP!!!

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

Were you able to find any info on if the yoke can be the source of my problem? Thanks.

Greg

There is no internal difference between the yoke or DIN regs besides the connector. The yoke connection will screw right off and the DIN connector will go right in its place.

If you are experiencing HP creep then the problem is most likely as you stated with the seat. Have it serviced since its time anyway and that should clear you up. Make sure your service tech is very experienced with Zeagle regs. A tech that just goes by the book specs may not be able to recognize a flaw with the internal hard parts. If it starts creeping again ask to send it straight to Zeagle for a look see.

Sorry...I got sidetracked and forgot about getting back to you!!! I apologize!

I did talk to Jim Fox about this, and he believes that it has more to do with the high tank pressure than anything else. We make a "professional grade" service kit which uses viton o-rings and a high pressure seat made of a different material, which he suggests that you use if you will be diving tanks over about 3500psi.

The part number for this kit is 345-1000V

Thanks,

Scott

Of course I just had my reg seviced (supposedly by someone very exerpienced with Zeagle) so it will be another year before I get the other kit.

I would think that this problem would be more common though with all the HP tanks out there. 3500 is my average fill pressure and that's on a 3442 tank. I imagine all the Genesis tanks that are have a service pressure of 3500 are even worst off.

Thanks for your help!

I strictly use HP tanks. At least 2 times Ive hooked up my regs and found 3900psi in my tanks and have had no problems. HP tanks do put a little more stress on the expendable parts but you should still be free of problems if you do regular service. Am i right in assuming that your free flow was happening after the service? Was it going on before the service work? If you can, take it back to the tech and tell them it isn't right and they should try to fix it.

It was happening before I ot it serviced, Whig is why I got it serviced in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom