5000 snapper spawn w/ nex5n coupled w/ nikonos 15mm lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Md Spear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Key West Snapper Spawn 2012 on Vimeo link to snippet shot of key west snapper spawn in aug this year. i shot on a sea mount 16 miles west of kw. this untouched footage is my best technical work so far on available lite @ 58 fsw. Sony nex5n with nauticam housing and nikonos 15mm wide angle lens.i saw the school spawn and moved up along the edge of the sea mount and then stayed still, letting the snapper cover me. lotta fun.

now back home i discover than in video w/ nex5n exposure compensation can be used during video in AP mode. so i hope next year when i dive Key West to brighten up the video when i film the spawn again by switching to AP and setting the iso to 3600, and possibly increasing exposure compensation. and maybe a litttle increase in Kelvin in the WB menu to bring out some red. so theres room for improvement.

this is Ocean side Key west in august. 82 'F on surface, 80 'F on bottom. in the winter Jan-feb average 74-76 on top and 70-74 at the sand.

Key West runs east est? So there is a bay and ocean side yeh? Gets pretty cool in your Winter

I am using my old Nikonos 15mm lens from 1985. Chose the nauticam /sony nex set up only because nauticam came up w/ an adtper so u can use nikonos lens. Fantastic field of view w/ this lens . every thing from 1 foot away to infinity is in focus at f11. no port , glass to water contac.
in the sony nex menu where it says [ shutter release w/out lens] choose enable. now u can use other lens other than the stock E series lens. w/ this no auto focus

I got this new rig to shoot mainly video as i have be shooting slides since 1982.

Attachments

• spawning -ps.jpg
    spawning -ps.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
thnx for sharing

Anthony, Sony coming out with new 20mm WA lens supposed to be very good an much better than 16mm. Having said that I am happy with my 16mm with WA adpater in the dome port on the NEX7. 16mm could be going pretty cheap soon

I just got the 16mm pancake with both WA adaptor and fisheye. Bought it used, quite cheap. Going in a nauticam dome port. I will be receiving my port next week and want to try if the sony 10-18 lens works in it. Also heard about the zeiss 12mm coming out in the spring. Hopefully it will fit in the nauticam port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom