5060 + PT020 + Inon UWL 100. Is it possible ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for wide angle lens for a pt-020 housing.
I have read some something about Inon UWL-100 but I'm not sure if I can use this lens with pt-020.

Need some help on this issue.
Thanks.

gualter_marques:
Hi,

I'm looking for wide angle lens for a pt-020 housing.
I have read some something about Inon UWL-100 but I'm not sure if I can use this lens with pt-020.

Need some help on this issue.
Thanks.

If the Inon WAL is "type II", you can use it with the PT-020, but you need to bump the zoom a little to avoid fuzziness in the corners. The type II lens adapter is a male 67 mm thread and will screw into the 67 mm female ring on the outside of your housing.

jlyle:
If the Inon WAL is "type II", you can use it with the PT-020, but you need to bump the zoom a little to avoid fuzziness in the corners. The type II lens adapter is a male 67 mm thread and will screw into the 67 mm female ring on the outside of your housing.

Thanks for the help jlyle.

My doubt is because I have read this statement in some websites:

"Note: For other combinations, except PT-018, PT-022 and PT-020 housings* use Type II lens attached directly to the housing’s 67mm threaded port."

I don't know if it is a matter of interpretation but it seems that I can't attach the lens directly to the PT020, even type II . Am I right ? ? ?

gualter_marques:
My doubt is because I have read this statement in some websites:

"Note: For other combinations, except PT-018, PT-022 and PT-020 housings* use Type II lens attached directly to the housing’s 67mm threaded port."

I don't know if it is a matter of interpretation but it seems that I can't attach the lens directly to the PT020, even type II . Am I right ? ? ?

The full quote from inonamerica:

Note: For other combinations, except PT-018, PT-022 and PT-020 housings* use Type II lens attached directly to the housing’s 67mm threaded port.

*Notes on Olympus PT-018, PT-022 and PT-020 housings:
*PT-018, PT-022 Housings: For optimum image, Inon does not recommend use of UWL-100 lens with PT-018 and PT-022 housings. Compared to 1/1.8 inch 3x Zoom cameras above, which UWL-100 was designed for, such as the C-5050 camera lens, the 1/2.7 inch CCD and 10x Zoom of the C-750/740 Ultra Zoom and C-770/760UZ cameras will cause less than optimum quality at image edges, compared to using with C-5050/PT-015, for example. UWL-100 Type 2 can be physically attached and used, but image quality will not be optimum. UWL-100 Type 1 definitely cannot be used.
PT-020 Housing: Wider 28mm equivalent C-5060 lens with moving front element will cause vignetting when camera zoom at widest setting. Type 2 lens can be physically attached and used, but it will be necessary to zoom forwards a little to the equivalent 35mm setting (like the C-5050 lens at widest setting) thus negating benefits of C-5060 28mm equivalent native lens.

Note: "Type 2 lens can be physically attached and used, but it will be necessary to zoom forwards a little to the equivalent 35mm setting...

Like I said above, you can attach the 67mm lens adapter to the housing, but it will be necessary to bump the zoom out a little to avoid the vignetting. The results are the same as those you would get with the 5050 + WAL. You won't be able to take full advantage of the 5060's wider lens with the WAL. I have the 5050 + WAL and am very happy with the results. You can click on one of the links below to see some examples.

The first sentence is a little misleading and I can see how it might be misinterpreted. Essentially, with most combinations, it works fine, but with the 018/020/022 you should note above.

Thanks once again jlyle.

In fact that statement is very tricky.

By the way, your photos are very very nice!

jlyle:

I've used the 67 mm lens with the 5060 housing (same fitting as the 5050' PT-015) Works well with Manta :wink:

Back
Top Bottom