5mm wetsuit that stays warm topside

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and will require how much more frequent replacement than a normal scuba wetsuit with a boatcoat? The bare neoprene ones like you said, are not durable at all to normal scuba diving abuse.

Either way, drysuit is the way to go if you want to actually stop it and have a durable suit that will last for a decade.

Well, if you cannot remove the suit...like said above, throw on a boat coat.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but Probe wetsuits in Australia makes an "idry" fluffy fleece lining. If you strip the suit, the lining dries in less than 5 minutes. The neoprene stays wet but next to your skin is the dry fleece when you put it back on. There are not many reviews but the ones out there seem to be good. I do not have one, but I have ordered some of their dive skins with the same lining and will be posting a review as soon as I check them out. This might or might not be practical for you. If it's not, then do what I do and a lot of others suggested here, invest in a good boat coat.

I would look into wetsuits specifically designed for winter kite or wind surfing as those sports spend "long periods topside while wet".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom