5mm Women's wetsuit recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yellowfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will be doing an 11 day live aboard in Raja Ampat soon. I get cold very easily and it has been suggested I wear a 5mm and plan on even layering as the week goes on.
I am a women's size 14 for sure, if not more, depending on wetsuit. Definitely need more room on top.

Any suggestions for a suit you love at this mm?

Bare Evoke (see avatar pic). I've worn it down to 48F (briefly) and I was fine. I've worn it wreck diving on the Great Lakes down to about 54F for a nice dive. Make sure you pair the 5mm with a hood and gloves. I always wear a 3/5mm hood, 5mm boots, and 3mm gloves (I can deal with slightly chilly fingers if I have dexterity).

I'm off the size chart and the Evoke 14 fits me fine. Not cheap, but it's well worth every penny.

That is actually the suit I am considering.
(Not supposed to wear gloves in Raja but I am taking at least 1mm to slip on once I'm under!)

Then get it! It's great for curvy gals. :)

:)
You KNOW what I am looking for!!!
Thank you.

If you need a place to get it, I can recommend my LDS (with a large web presence). :wink:

Aqua Lung AquaFlex 5mm. It is my workhorse wetsuit and I dove it in Raja Ampat, Komodo, and Lembeh. I also have their AquaFlex 3/4/5 hooded vest. I know many divers in our group who all have this line of wetsuits. We have a large variety of shapes - small and petite to taller and larger builds in both men and women. These fit everyone so well and it is why we love it so much. Try it! They are also super easy to get on and off. :)

edited to add: I am female and pear-shaped. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom