6 large shipping boxes...this is what my life has been reduced to.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I hate moving. I spent 9 hours watching the movers pack up all my belongings, and they were quick. I walk out of the room for 3 minutes, come back and my bat-belt and sneakers get packed away, not to be seen again until Seattle.

Hopefully the warden allows me to go diving next week (not counting the SB picnic) to off-load some of this stress.

Aint it fun! I just hope that our 7 crates that were in storage for 2 years held out. Hey, I took the waterspots off the mini van and waxed it yesterday, and took down the chainlink fence( I sold it) today, 4 more posts to dig/beat out of the ground tomarrow. I am tired and need to dive as well... I hope that we can at least freedive Sharks on Monday....

Moving here I had 20 boxes (big and small) that went thru the mail and 2 suitcases - Not much to show is it?

For both of you, I hope everything arrives in one piece and that your new home is a happy one.

Looking forward to seeing you on Monday! (Jim, Freedive? Is your gear gone too?)

Remember when I moved to Catalina in the 60's, straight out of college. I had five cardboard boxes and a guitar (which the local airline lost and never compensated me for). Now it would take five container ships to move me off, so I'm stuck!

When we picked up both our vehicles in L.A. they had oil spots all over them. We had to ship them spotless, but they can mess them up-- nice. Good luck on your boxes/crates making it. 2 of our boxes didn't make it and that was unaccompanied baggage. The seals were missing off the crate and it was rearranged different then what they packed it. We watched them cram our stuff in and shoved our brand new tv on top. Well, when it was delivered there were no seals and the tv was sitting in the middle with boxes around it. They layed it flat and crammed it on the top of everything, but when it was delivered the tv was sitting up right in the middle and 2 of our boxes were missing. Our computer and other stuff has disappeared. After 20 years in the military and plenty of moving this is the first time we had stuff missing. SUCKS!!!! Oh- both of our reg set ups are missing also along with hand power tools.

Please tell me you were well compensated for that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom