Closed .

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Engine173 is correct that PayPal will hold funds and they make it difficult sometimes to even find how to release the funds once you receive the item. I had this issue as someone sent me a Zeagle BC and it took PayPal over a week and half to release funds. We had to search all over the PayPal app to find it. Was not able to find it and had to log into my PayPal account on the computer until we could eventually find it. I believe if you use PayPal or Ebays shipping service they make it somewhat easier..

For anyone interested, I purchased a computer from @Engine173 a couple of weeks ago, and it was shipped promptly and was exactly as described. I would not hesitate to do it again.
@Engine173 is a very reputable seller/poster, but several other reputable poster have been hacked recently and this does seem a bit off to me as well.

Hi. It's me🤙
The potential buyer is located in Puerto Rico, a PP GS sale would take at least a week to hit my acct., I didn't think it was a big deal to use another app but the other guy did. That's all that's happening here, it should have been discussed in a pm but here we are.
I hope all is well in your world 🤙

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This edgy exchange has been left in place because it portrays perfectly the difficulties SB has faced in the recent past. Both of you need to take a big breath and respect where each of you are coming from.

No, buyers are increasingly unwilling to accept Zelle or Venmo as payment mechanisms, as several have been burned by scams. Sellers need to understand this wariness. It may be undeserved for legit sellers, but it is what it is.

If a buyer (who wants purchase protection) is willing to pay the PayPal fee, there is no reason for a seller to be upset. If a seller insists upon an immediate payment mechanism before shipment, it is the buyer's prerogative to be suspicious.

But yes. Let's handle all that by DM. Report concerns to the Moderators via the Report button. Respect on both sides, please.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom