700 Canister List - flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyclone3565

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, yesterday/last night I posted a question about orings and what not. We went to Clear Springs today, two dives, both to 50 feet, light performed flawlessly. To Enter the water we did a Giant Stride ( I am assuming it is safe to do a Giant Stride with a Canister on my waist strap.

As I said, the light performed flawlessly and I did not notice anything until after the second dive. When I turned the light off, it did not turn off, it flickered with lower strength, then finally went off. As soon as we got to the truck I took it off my backplate waist strap, opened the can and poured out about a shot glass worth of water, slightly brown.

Got home, by then all was dry. I removed the two plastic plates from the battery and checked the voltage to make sure nothing was shorted out. Voltage was 12.59 so I believe the battery is okay. The head and light still function properly as well and now that everything is dry all is well again.

Do you think I need to send the light in to have you check it and make sure it was the oring that failed. I am assuming that the switch and cord connection could be a potenial area of leak as well. I inspected the oring and there are no tears, nor does it feel hard, I did not have the oring lubricated today, it was clean and dry.

In advance I would to thank you for all help. If you could email me at holzarbeit@aol.com I would greatly appreciate it. We have some extensive diving coming up next weekend and I would love to use this light. It puts my wife's Light Canon 100 to shame. Thank you again. Martin

Well, I will have to wait and see what they say. I am sure they will contact me tomorrow. Dive Rite Customer Service is incredible.

Hi Martin,

If Mike hasn't contacted you as of yet, please give us a shout today. He can do some basic trouble shooting over the phone, but potentially we'll want to see the light. 386-752-1087 or service@diverite.com.

Thanks,
Kathleen

Good Monring Kathleen,

thanks for the reply. I had a great conversation with Mike yesterday morning and the light is on its way to Florida (wish I was with it). I had heard of the lengendary customer service of Dive Rite, it is true! My other DR products don't need annual service, so I have never had the pleasure of talking with you. Thank you so much for taking care of everything for me.

Martin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom