747 Wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knavey

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know of a sunken 747 plane wreck off of Florida? Perhaps as an artificial reef?

There is one located of key Biscayne

Spirit of Miami
25 41.88 N
080 05.22 W

DennisS once bubbled...
There is one located of key Biscayne

Spirit of Miami
25 41.88 N
080 05.22 W

Is it penetrable?

Yes, at least it used to be. I dived it right after it was sunk, maybe 1994. It was fully intact, about 80ft. There were a lot of kids school experments in milk crates where the seats used to be and on top.
I heard there was a lot of vandalizism then a storm ripped it in two. Haven't heard much since.

spirit of miami is a boeing 727 that was sunk in 80 fsw. i think in 95 tropical storm george snapped it in 2 leaving the tail section in 105 feet.

It's a boat dive.

Hmmm.. long swim then. HEY! If all goes well a boat will be resting at the Bulla residence soon. 23 artificial and innumerable ledges and other sites await exploration and airation by the Bulla Clan and others who tag along... not to mention the upper keys and possibly some other selected sites.. :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom