750 Gulf Wreck Site Coords for Google Earth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerlDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If this has already been done, then please pardon me. However, I have not seen this before, so hopefully I am not wasting your time.

The following are links to Google Earth KMZ files. They contain ship wreck coordinates from all over the Gulf Of Mexico as well as some in the Atlantic and Carribean. I gathered the information from several sources on the internet and wrote a computer program that converted the information from their website into a file that was readable by Google Earth.

I tried to scrub data of sensative locations which I personally know of in the Gulf Shores general area. If I didn't get them all, sorry. But, this data is public and available on the internet to anyone who finds it ... that's how I got it.

The data I have has approximately 750 sites tagged all along the gulf coast, Keys, and Florida's Atlantic coast. I have more data coming after we move to Gulf Shores (hopefully in a couple of years) that contains nearly 3000 "items" of interest.

I hope it is useful. If not, pardon the interruption. Enjoy.

Gulf Diving Home Page

(Glimpses of the progress of the freeware mentioned on this site will be available in the not-too-distant future.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom