8 days til my next dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

landlocked once bubbled...
Sounds like a dive paradise to me. I guess it is all a matter of perspective. :) Take away some of the fish, all of the coral and make the water 9 degrees centigrade and I would be home! I guess what I am saying is... no sympathy here!

:eek: 9C? is that an average temp? The lowest water temp I've been caught in was 23C (73F).

Zept forgot to mention things about Pulau Hantu: it's a stone throw away from a huge oil refinery plant.... The water's nice and oily :D

Being next to the refinery has its benefits... if the boat runs out of fuel, you can top up the tank with seawater!

I saw a turtle last time I dived at Hantu, so it isn't all bad.

Zept

Yep, I kinda noticed that the waters in the immediate vicinity of Singapore are not exactly the best place for diving. I tried snorkeling at Kusu island and could barely see my own hands under water... :rolleyes:

But Spore seems to be a good hub for diving sites around the region. I spent last week at Pulau Aur, which was great. Cannot really make comparisons, since I'm so new at diving, but I seemed pretty amazing to me... :)

- Wima

Yes, I was there. I didn't see it happen personally 'cause I was diving at Pinnacles that time. I did Rayner's rock on friday and sunday though...

It's sad business. :( Nobody I talk about it with could really explain what happened. The weather was just about perfect. Calm sea and no clouds in the sky. We had some current at Rayner's but no biggie and he was, at least according to the news article, a reasonably experienced diver.

I guess it's just one of those things that happen... :shaking:

- Wima

Off tonight, in the water tomorrow morning. Less than 24 hours until I get wet, hurrah!

:bounce:

Have a good trip, Neve.

Zept

Back
Top Bottom