8 divers wanted for 3 year contract in Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want 125K USD per year. Paid health insurance of suitable quality. Paid dive insurance... and business class airfare back to Columbus Ohio 6 times per year.

I'll bring my own tanks and dive gear.

And.. only one more item. You pay for my housing.. of my choosing.

Randy, i'm in with you on that one :D

Jesus poeple if you arn't interested in the job click the back button and move onto another thread. There is no need to bash this guy's skull in.

I think the offer isn't a real one..

I would have been very interested in this exciting position but I just got a great job collecting balls from golf courses.

it looks like those balls are in good hands... so to speak. :eyebrow:

You have peaked my interested with this job listing. Eventho there are a lot of unanswered questions, i.e. job duties, salary, and housing I am somewhat interested. If you are interested in talking to me you can e-mail me at this address. I do have 22 yrs of diving experience in the Northeast area of the United States. Thanks in advance.

I think you must not have read the entire thread as it's pretty clear he is looking for Thai/Filipinos who will work for a few dollars per day.

sounds interesting.
I am a open water -2 diver, willing tom travel.
I have passport and ready to go.
I am single, healthy and fit.

Wow I was visitor number 35 to the above website. It must be a great reputable company!
and I was visitor # 32, 059, wow...that was fast!

Having worked with lots of Filipinos on a cruise ship, I can say this is absolutely true. The Filipinos worked as maid staff and deck staff and were truly wonderful people who sent every dime home to their kids and worked harder than pretty much everyone else on the boat. Some of my friends on the ship were moms who had to be away from her children for 9 - 12 months at a stretch.

But that this is the condition does not make it right to exploit them. (Which, I can't say for sure if this company will or will not be doing so - I don't have enough info.) Many of these overseas positions keep your passport, which essentially means you are at their mercy and even if you want to go home because, say your father died, you can't. Many women from the US have been trapped in Japan in the past even long after they fulfilled their contract obligations. There are numerous positions for the leisure industry in the Middle East, especially for American women and some actually pay very well, but they all make you surrender your passport which to me is dangerous.

So, I'm not mocking the people who take these jobs but am disgusted with the way some (not necessarily this employer in question) takes advantage of these people and essentially enslaves them.

By the way, many leisure job placement companies prefer Brits to Americans because Americans demand too high salaries (I blame that on the cost of paying for your own health insurance when working these jobs.).

the key is not to give your pasport over if they say they will hold it for you and everyone say no.. never ever give your passport away.. any place that makes you surrender your passport just walk away.. the pasport is isused by the goverment and is only aloud to be held by the person it was issued to and must be surrendered only to the goverment if it asks for it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom