805 area help-extreme scuba ripoff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am wondering if xtreme scuba is an actual company?

I placed an order the middle of oct and have never recieved a phone call or email from them other than 1 email stating that they were to busy to check my order 30 days after placing it. I lost count of how many phone messages I have made and emails I have left

Do the have a physical business or are they just an internet middleman?

Fortunately the order was for 2 anchor line deco hooks and it was very little $. I am only out $39 but its the principal of the matter to me. I was refurred to them by another SB member.

Can anyone confirm that they are in business and if so, is there anyway a local can drop by for a visit?

Based on my dealing with them, I would HIGHLY recommend spending your money else where.

Mods....sorry but I have found no where else to inquire about this on the board.

Yep thats them.

By far the ABSOLUTE worst experience purchasing something online ever. Like I said, its strictly principal, not the amount. 2 deco hooks equal $45 with shipping. Its a $45 lesson learned!

I feel unfortunately, that I have been ripped off! As a small business owner, I can not phathom this kind of retail customer service.

I am wondering if xtreme scuba is an actual company

I think that they closed their brick-and-mortar some time again, like maybe even a year or more. I seem to recall hearing something about a dispute wth the landlord. On their website, it says "New location coming soon" so my guess is that they're just an Internet store for now.

In fairness to them, I'm in the same position with Reef Seekers since we lost our lease at the end of 2006. But that doesn't mean that if they've billed you for something, you shouldn't be able to get it.

Have you called or e-mailed them about this and if so, what's been their response?

- Ken

If they are a dealer for a particular product, you can start with a complaint at that level. That often gets their attention when they risk losing a dealership over a $45 refund.

Also, contact your credit card company because you never received the merchandise. They don't want to be blacklisted with credit card companies either.

They were once a store but they've been an internet dealer for a while now. I bought a Dive Rite wing from them when they were still a brick 'n mortars store and it was no fuss, no muss.

I live in the Ventura area and the last time I stopped by the "dive shop" (sept) they were out of business for not paying rent. and anyone who had gear or tanks in there for repair got taken with it...the owner is REAL SHADY from what all the other people around him said...

Thanks guys! I guess I am fortunate that I didn't spend any real big money there. Richard needs to be arrested for fraud and theft. He went so far as to send me a confirmation of shipment upon ordering, after taking my money. Then 30 days later after sending him an email, he told me that he was to busy because alot of the gear in the store was being shipped to a big dema dive show and they were doing some deep dive bottom mapping of a lake. All complete BS!

Do not order from Xtreme Scuba.

Randy...looks like Dive Rite was the manufacture of your equipment...I'd complain to them....worth a shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom