9/1-11/2006 Return trip offering USA to Mindoro for Spectacular Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Philippines ...September 1 - 11 (12) 2006 - Labor Day Week

Join us for a Pacific Diving and Relaxation Adventure Again!!! Yes, we loved this trip so much we are going back again this year ...Mindoro is a beautiful island resort zone dedicated to diving but with many other fun things to see and experience also. Six days of four tank boat diving each day with valet dive service!!!

Optional night dives (I did one every night) , nitrox, rebreather & trimix also available. The Verde Island side trip is well worth the day's visit. Washing Machine, Batangas Channel and other current roller coaster rides are open to advanced and more experienced divers.

Atlantis Resort in Puerto Galera Mindoro is a very relaxating destination resort as the staff just spoils you. On-site massage and reflexology center, full service dive shop, full service restaurant & bar with quick service, elegant surroundings and an artful architectural approach...and beautiful, easy diving.

See the website http://www.atlantishotel.com/puertogalera/resort/index.htm The Hotel is as inviting and exotic as the photographs would allow!

Package includes: RT Air from Houston to Los Angeles and then Los Angeles to Manila in Philippines, (other cities available, please ask for a quote) 8 days/ 7 nights/ 6 dive days at the Atlantis Hotel Resort, transfer to the hotel by van and boat, 3 meals daily, 4 boat dives daily, tanks, weights, hotel taxes and trip brochure and packet, trip shirt, and travel leaders.

Advanced dives will be offered weather permitting. All diving is computer diving and profiles are open to all diver levels.

Fare: $ 2595 pp double, discounted for cash & Club Aquarius Members . Must be paid in full May 1 . Trip insurance required unless paid in full at time of deposit. Regular price is $ 2695 for non-club members and non-cash discount. Trip Insurance is appx $118 depending on age. Trip must have 10 person to validate special. All deposits will be refunded in Full by April 15 if trip is not full ... it will fill, don't fret.

Not Included: Nitrox, Airport Tax & fuel surcharge estimated at $220, tips for local dive staff, meals in transit, trip insurance and shopping. Internet access is available for a fee. They have a dedicated camera station room.

*Club Aquarius is an International Diving Club. Oceanic Ventures sponsors a local chapter. Membership is $75 pp family for a year and $65 for individuals. Membership benefits include travel discounts, discounts on classes, monthly equipment specials, meetings, door prizes, a card and a gift.

PM me if you want to get wired in.

I did this last year and it is a bargain way to dive the Pacific environs.

I shot a lot of topside photos, but relied on friends for the u/w stuff.

See my pix at http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1202, and http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1207 The UW images are at http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1212 and show me fiddling with any number of willing crittres.

we will be there for the FULL MOON

The night dives were spectacular! On a full moon in the current I drifted along with my light off. The Chrinoids exploded with flashes as the bioluminescent micro critters 'smashed' into them. It looked like a hillside of Christmas trees.

Nudibranchs. The place is lousy with them. Oddball Pipefish, Cuttlefish the size of footballs. All the stuff you wanted to see. Mimic Octopus... you gotta see this!

You can go with the easy-does-it group, or you can join in the roller-coaster fans for ripping current dives. I have been all over the world in current, and this was right there with the upper limits of what I would see as a qualified do-able. If you want to sign on for a wild ride, they can do it for you.

The tides (see the pictures) were remarkable. The people are friendly, the resort is quiet... just outside is the hubbub of a busy oceanfront resort community.

I did it last year- and this year I'm taking "Herself" back with me. Want to join us?

Drop me a line by PM.

nice to know you had fun here.

maybe sometime this year or next year you may join the other guys on a PPD -DOR

MArch at P.G. would be attended by some of the SB staffs....

How many divers do you have for the trip? I have some folks in the states that are interested.

Babydamulag:
How many divers do you have for the trip? I have some folks in the states that are interested.

We're looking for about 18-20 max. They would travel together but dive boats would be broken down according to abilities and desires.

Okay, got it....who do the divers contact in the good ole USA to coordinate...email addresses, telephone numbers, link up site in Houston, etc.????

Babydamulag:
Okay, got it....who do the divers contact in the good ole USA to coordinate...email addresses, telephone numbers, link up site in Houston, etc.????

PM me with your contact info and a very sweet lady will call them and give all the details, dinner menus, plus a list of guaranteed critters that they may or may not see.

Back
Top Bottom