9/12 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AADiveRex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Eagle's Nest went to NJ Today for the wreck of the Pinta. I haven't been there in years, so it was nice to get back there. Seas were very calm, perhaps a 1 foot swell was all. The surface visibility was amazing. From the surface, you could just make out the hook tied into the wheelhouse. The top of the wreck had about 30 feet, with a visible thermocline just hovering right at the top of the wreck. Heading down, visibility diminished rapidly to less than five feet on the bottom, but I managed to dive the length of the wreck. There were about a dozen lobsters in the bow, but none big enough. I didn't see a single bug anywhere else. Back to the stern, I headed into the engine room, where I recovered a really neat brass light fixture with a storm cover over the bulb receptacle. I have no idea why an inboard light would require a storm cover, but it had it in place, although the chain that attached it to the fixture was missing. The thing was painted over, and there is some writing I can't yet make out. All in all a good day.

Back
Top Bottom