905 Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickoz

Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to know The good, the bad, the ugly, on the
Dive Rite 905 Butyl Rubber dry suit.
Someone talk me out of it my C/C is shaking in it's wallet.
It costs about A$3000.00 here

I can't think of any technical reasons. I will however attempt to put it into perspective, (at least from my view)

Buy another brand, (my personal choice is neoprene). Take the extra $2,000.00 and have one great dive vacation. The neoprene suit will more than adequately do the job and you will have some great memories.

It seems that more people seem to spend The $$ on shell suits going by the poll.
I would like to keep the lead off so shell suits sound good,
i've heard that i't a big diff between them both (lead that is):confused:

I've had a close look at one today. (very nice)

1 question : Size How big is to big & how small is to small.

My chest girth is 100cm/39" @ it's biggest (big ha!) :sharky:
DR 905 size C is 94-100cm 37-39" & size D is 100-106cm 39-42"
Australian (Queensland) water temp is not that cold even in winter (17-18c / - F?) so don't need thick under suit.
Thanks for any help.

The Dive Rite 905 is one HELL of a dry suit, but I'd think hard before plunking down that type of cash for it. Take a look at the DUI line of suits, something like the CFX450 would be comparable to the 905 in terms of abrasion resistance. You could also look into the crushed neoprene suits, also very abrasion resistant. Your best bet is to try on as many different types of dry suits as possible, and try to get in the water with them, then pick the one that best fits your style of diving.

Brandon.

Just got my suit in BUT was wrong colour now i have to wait 6 more weeks Grrrrrrrrrr :( ;-0 , the fit was good, very nice suit :)

Well Diverite Australia has let me use the wrong coloured suit while mine comes from OS.
First dive used three extra lumps of led.
2nd dive just one extra led.
And every other dive after that.
LOVE diving dry :D
Found it easy had no lessons just jumped in & got wet well my face & hands did anyway :D

Arrr just open up the box from Dive Rite Australia
It's black the boots fit :) now I can dive dry.

Dive Rite Australia was kind enough to give me a pair of DR fins for waiting so long, there short but stiff I guess there good for Cave/Wreck diving, arrr brassss.

Shame it's still warm here 28c but I'll dive it anyway, gota get it wet :) ,It'll get down to 18c in a few months anyway.

IMHO Dry suits are the best investment you can make.
And the 905 is a great suit as well.

$3000 is outrageous! I paid $1100 for mine and was miffed when I found out Ginnie Springs had them on sale for $905. This was late last year. The beauty of the 905 is that you get the same (or possibly better) quality as the DUI's at half the price. I have about 30 dives (all cave) on mine and am very happy with it. I installed the Halcyon balance p valve, and bought capolene hiking underwear. Another benefit is Dive Rite's excelent customer service. They don't actually make the suit, but they can fix them.

Back
Top Bottom