Question Glove and pee systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The chapstick zip lube is best for the brass zip. The beeswax junk just flakes off in cold water.

They're the Kevlar ones. No "kevlar" writing on it and specified in the special instructions during checkout.
I bet they are the same pads but turned outside in and sewn on so "Kevlar" doesn't appear. Either way I think it looks better without the logo.

Seaskin told me to try drysuitspareparts dot com for Rolocks. I went the DGX route.
Give it a shot.
DGX is also out of stock. I signed up for notification. Let's see how long it takes for them to be back in stock.

So if I am buying from Seaskin, I should get the "SiTech Oval Cuff Rings (Siflex seals)" and then go to their glove system area and get the Rolock 90 kit alone NO seals PU rings or Gloves and then also a pair of Showa Unlined Gloves?

The extra info on Seaskin's site for the Rolock 90 kit says, "To get a dryglove system from your oval rings (the stiff ovall rings are replaced) you need this kit plus a pair of dry gloves, a pair of thermal liner gloves and equalisation tubes."

Getting the Oval Cuff Rings, and the Rolock kit sounds like I still need to get the thermal liner gloves and the equalisation tubes? How do I get those?
Yes, oval. The R90 kit apparently has to be bought elsewhere but I think included the equalization tubes. Liners and shows 720's from Amazon

Great to hear about the Kubi's thanks! I read two threads saying that the Kubi's popped off at 90', so it made me wonder a little bit about the Rolock 90s, are they "more" secure? Are they easier to use, or more complicated?
I’ve popped a kubi off underwater doing a flow check, but it was a freak thing. I had way more problems with Sitech rings not being seated perfectly and leaking when I first get in making me get back out and address it.

Ok, my understanding of reading that Pee valve thread is that I would need a few bits to make it work:

1. Wideband Rochester catheter, sized (maybe from amazon, maybe from Homepage - Medical Monks)
2. Some kind of quick connect system (looks like these two items, I'm unsure of the size for a trigon system: McMaster-Carr and McMaster-Carr
3. wipes Amazon.com (Smith & Nephew Skin-Prep Protective Barrier Wipes)
4. squeeze bottle
5. steramine, white vinegar
6. maybe a "beard" trimmer

The quick connects are overkill unless you’re using a she pee as are the wind band comdoms I’ve got a lot of days in flordia summer with just regular ones on all day and they’re fine.

I’ve popped a kubi off underwater doing a flow check, but it was a freak thing. I had way more problems with Sitech rings not being seated perfectly and leaking when I first get in making me get back out and address it.
The only time I've ever had issues (which have been 3) are when fibers from the liner get pinched in the seal. Now I put my liners on and pull the sleeve over top to where it's just my fingers sticking out. Put the glove on, lock it and then push my hand in.

I think it's nice that we're all pretty happy with our systems. Nothing like the bs options from a couple years ago.

Kubi,s for dry gloves,
Just go with Pee valve, I’d love to go in to it all but there’s a huge thread on here (like the pun?) about pee valves, what to clean up with, Johnny sizing etc,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom